We didn't actually stay at the Amari, but spent enough time on the complex, and did see the rooms, that we still felt we could give a good opinion.
We thought the Amari was a great complex, we ate at their Italian Prego restaurant, and had a lovely meal, sipped cocktails in their uber trendy bar@C, and used their spa facilities, all were great. As non guests we couldn't use the pool, but it looked pretty great, and kids were using it well past the 8pm curfew of the other hotels (not sure if these kids were just getting away with it!)
What was lovely was the whole complex is lit up with subtle lights, so it looks very inviting at night.
Only thing i would stay is we were a bit disapointed when we saw the rooms, if you stay on the beach side the rooms are all indoors, so you go down small dark corridors to get to your room. All the other complexes we viewed the rooms opened up directly to the outside, giving a much more light open feel.
However, this resort is so big, that half is it is actually on the other side of the Chaweng beach road. These rooms for the same price were larger, and in more private hut-villa style, with a second swimming pool as well. Depends how much the 30 second walk over a very busy, noisy road bothers you to get to the beach.
We would definutley think about staying here on our next visit to Koh Samui.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cushioned by soft white sands and sparkling waters, Amari welcomes you to one of the most idyllic islands in the Gulf of Thailand. A gem set apart from the rest of the world, Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui on Koh Samui invites you to live out your days on island time, where there is always time for another dip in the pool or another walk on the beach. Turn off your clock, enter our time zone, and let Amari take care of the rest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amari Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Amari Palm Reef Hotel
- Amari Palm Reef Resort
- Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand