“The definition of paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui

You added Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui to your Saves list
Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   14/3 Moo 2 Tambon Boput, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Best Deal: Save 15% Now
Ranked #11 of 102 Hotels in Chaweng
Melbourne, Australia
“The definition of paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Amari Hotel was not only an amazing price but was a great experience. Situated right on the beach so amazing views. We each had a little hut room which was very well themed with flowers on the beds. There is a large breakfast buffet over looking the large pool and water. The cocktails at the poolside bar were delicious, I reccommend the Oriental Beauty! There were aslo under cover day beds to lie down on. The staff were very nice and welcoming! I would love to go again!
There were 2 large pools.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Our second time staying at this hotel,this hotel is fantastic,we were there june this year 2011, it is still as lovely now as it was three years ago,staff are brilliant!,food is great,location of hotel is spot on.. would go back again and again .. i felt the most chilled out ive felt in a long time during my stay.
The resort is great too ... with plenty of places to eat cheap! ..on the beach and in town,evening everything comes to life! ..theres plenty of shopping to be done,plenty of trips,we done a snorkling trip across to one of the islands which was superb! tour guid was very good and organised.
my one bit of advice is ...just "book it" i promise you wont be dissapointed! ;)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

My fiance and I have just returned from a wonderful 9-night stay at the Amari resort. The hotel location is perfect, at the quiet north end of Chaweng beach. However its only a ten minute walk along the beach to get to the Ark Bar and the buzz of central Chaweng. At night the beach is beautiful...perfectly safe and clean. Every night we took a moonlit stroll along the shore after dinner.

The staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. The food at the resort is fabulous. The Thai beach buffet was amazing and great value also (around £15 for an all-you-can-eat feast on the beach!). Prego is an excellent Italian restaurant, although a bit pricier than other restaurants on the island. Also, the breakfast was fantastic...a huge buffet which caters for everyone. We ate 6 out of 9 nights at the hotel.

Our room was spotlessly clean although it was quite small (Superior room close to reception). The other rooms across the road seem a lot bigger. The swimming pools are very clean. We mainly used the one across the road as it was much quieter.

There are cheaper places to eat, drink or get a massage on the island (massage on the beach for TB250!) However, the quality of service is so good at the Amari that its hard to resist.

I couldn't recommend the Amari highly enough. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Stayed here in July 2011 as part of an adult family trip... 6 of us in total... Not sure we can fault Amari for anything during our stay. We were "across the road" but this was not an issue at all... In fact, we were in rooms that were very close to the less-crowded pool that exists across the road, and I would actually recommend them ahead of any that were on the beach side... Ask for rooms starting with 41XX or 42XX.. We were literally 30 metres from the pool! Nothing beats a swim at 8am or 12pm - both of which we enjoyed!

If you are coming to this resort, you are coming to relax, and this is the perfect place for such relaxation... Breakfast is divine and the staff are always accommodating... It's close enough to the main part of town that you don't feel isolated, yet far enough away that you don't feel overwhelmed... Beers can be found on the beach for 50baht ($1.50 AU) and you can even enjoy the comfort of the Amari lounges while sipping on the Big Wang beer (Big Wang being the name of the seller, as advertised on the stubby holders - when it comes to beer, I recommend Chang, if only for the 6.4% alcohol content!!)

I am guessing that prices for a place such as Amari fluctuate depending on when/how/why you book, but I can't imagine you getting much better value elsewhere on Koh Samui... Their "theme nights" may seem expensive by Australian (and other) standards, but what you get is fantastic value in relation to Aussie prices... I think that sometimes people forget that - where in Australia can you get a super beachside buffet for $20?

I am happy to answer questions about Amari for prospective travellers (and no, I don;t work there!)... Just shoot me an email at stephenarthurson@gmail.com

Not sure if that email will get through bot filters, but it's worth a try... We really loved our time there *grin* :)

Room Tip: In spite of what others say, go for a room over the road.. 41XX or 42XX... Quiet, less crowded pool...
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Have just returned from spending 7 days at the Amari and can highly recommend it to couples and or families. Rooms are clean, beds comfortable, staff always smiling and very, very helpful with any request. It is excellently located being only a short walking distance to shopping and eateries. The inhouse wellness and spa centre is a must and worth every cent ( I mean Baht ) and the morning breakfast buffet is something I am still thinking about. Thank you Amari

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Second time we stayed at the Amari.Got to be one of the best hotels in Samui. Superb service, friendly staff, very nice breakfast. 2 nice pools, one quiet and one a bit noisier down by the beach. The whole area lies in very nice surrounding, quiet, yet not far from the Chaweng main street. I would definive recommend this hotel, if you are planning to go to the Chaweng area. The only thing i can think of on the downside is the posibillity to take a swim down by the beach, the bottom is not so nice, but we hired kayaks (100 baths per hour,easy to rent) and paddled about 250 meters out the sandbank to the left(theres a flag standing on it) where there is a wery nice sandbottom. Thank you Amari we will definitive be back soon :) Fam Sjöstrand Täby Stockholm Sweden

Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Took the kids to Koh Samui this summer and booked the Amari because of its aggressive internet advertising and reviews from some friends. I got a better rate from Hotels.com so I booked thru them instead of booking directly with the hotel. For some reason the hotel.com site wouldn't take my booking when I included my kids so I just went ahead and booked without them. When I landed up at the Hotel they gave me a room which was a good 10 minute walk from the reception. Whats more, with ups and downs for landscaping purposes, we couldn't use our strollers to push the kids to the room. Finally, after a lot of pleading they alloted me a room closer to the reception and pool on the next day. The property is divided into two parts by a busy road, but they have two attendants at all times to stop traffic and help you cross the road.

Room Tip: If with kids ask for a deluxe room which is lot more spacious and pls specify close to pool.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Amari Palm Reef Koh Samui? Share your experiences!