Akyra Achura is defiantly the nicest hotel we have stayed in since our trip to Thailand.
The location is great, not in the noisy main area of Chaweng, but 10 minutes walking from it, and for some reason 2 minutes walking from the top 2 restaurants by trip advisor.
The structure of the hotel is new and has a very nice modern look making you feel you have left Thailand for a second, but don't worry, the large amount of staff that kindly smiles at you and saying hello returns you back.
All rooms are seems to be very close to the beach and pool which makes it feels it's yours, especially in this time of year when the hotel is not fully booked (I think).
Didn't have time to check the hotel's spa, but it defiantly looks professional comparing for those you can find in streets.
The Gym, has very little facilities in it, 2 cardio machines, one cable crossover machine and a small range of dumbbells. For those who have good imagination, you might be able to figure out ways of doing a full body workout.
We booked the grand deluxe room. The rooms as the hotel, has a very nice modern look. The bathroom was huge, the shower was big and at last the water flow was very strong (for the first time I recommend using the hotel's shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and even the body lotion provided – very high quality).
There is a nice big porch with a long table, big sofa and even 2 electricity slots so you don't need to bother about having a long power cord cable for laptop or other devices.
The bed's mattress was very comfortable and with the amazing sheets it makes you never want to get out of the bed. If I need to point on one cons about the room, is maybe the size of the living area, with the big closet, sofa and table, makes it a bit hard to walk in the room if you place 2 luggages in the middle.
Breakfast was tasty and had good verity of food, nicely served in the Japanese restaurants of the hotel (separately reviewed).
Hotels' service was also good, smiling staff, helped me locate some locations, it seems that there is always someone that cleans the gardens (even when it rains), and the best thing was the phone I received a night before checkout asking if I need their transport service to the airport as I leave early morning – the price was fair.
In conclusions, I recommend this hotel for couples interested in nice modern look hotel with great facilities and service outside the noisy area of Chaweng but 10 minutes walking from it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate the intoxicating blend of a luxurious, yet spirited, lifestyle resort with Koh Samui’s wildly beautiful beaches at akyra Chura Samui. Perfect for honeymoons, relaxation or just for rekindling your romance with travel, 61 stylish suites and rooms designed with exceptionally comfortable beds, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Akyra Chura Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akyra Chura Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Akyra Chura Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand