“Great location, nice modern rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #10 of 102 Hotels in Chaweng
Kfar Neter
“Great location, nice modern rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Akyra Achura is defiantly the nicest hotel we have stayed in since our trip to Thailand.

The location is great, not in the noisy main area of Chaweng, but 10 minutes walking from it, and for some reason 2 minutes walking from the top 2 restaurants by trip advisor.

The structure of the hotel is new and has a very nice modern look making you feel you have left Thailand for a second, but don't worry, the large amount of staff that kindly smiles at you and saying hello returns you back.

All rooms are seems to be very close to the beach and pool which makes it feels it's yours, especially in this time of year when the hotel is not fully booked (I think).
Didn't have time to check the hotel's spa, but it defiantly looks professional comparing for those you can find in streets.
The Gym, has very little facilities in it, 2 cardio machines, one cable crossover machine and a small range of dumbbells. For those who have good imagination, you might be able to figure out ways of doing a full body workout.

We booked the grand deluxe room. The rooms as the hotel, has a very nice modern look. The bathroom was huge, the shower was big and at last the water flow was very strong (for the first time I recommend using the hotel's shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and even the body lotion provided – very high quality).
There is a nice big porch with a long table, big sofa and even 2 electricity slots so you don't need to bother about having a long power cord cable for laptop or other devices.
The bed's mattress was very comfortable and with the amazing sheets it makes you never want to get out of the bed. If I need to point on one cons about the room, is maybe the size of the living area, with the big closet, sofa and table, makes it a bit hard to walk in the room if you place 2 luggages in the middle.

Breakfast was tasty and had good verity of food, nicely served in the Japanese restaurants of the hotel (separately reviewed).

Hotels' service was also good, smiling staff, helped me locate some locations, it seems that there is always someone that cleans the gardens (even when it rains), and the best thing was the phone I received a night before checkout asking if I need their transport service to the airport as I leave early morning – the price was fair.

In conclusions, I recommend this hotel for couples interested in nice modern look hotel with great facilities and service outside the noisy area of Chaweng but 10 minutes walking from it.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms has a porch close to the walking path to the beach and pool, for those who like pr...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephane C, General Manager at Akyra Chura Samui, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Itay B,

Greeting from akyra samui.

Thank you very much for the lovely review and the entire team is glad to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us..

We hope you braught back great memories from your stay and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Please contact me directly should you or any friends or family be returning to Samui and require special assistance with a booking at rm@theakyra.com

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Hello. I recently stayed here for a few nights with a friend of mine. The welcome by the staff was really good and the place is great, with bamboo swaying, little wooden bridges and the rooms, make you think that your in Japan. The location is excellent, as the beach is by far the best on Chaweng and it has a great pool which looks right onto the sea. Akyra's located in a nice area for being chilled and laid back, but not far from the nightlife which is good. Eating here a good option as the food is excellent (japanese, seafood, thai), and reasonably priced which is hard to find at some places. If you're a fan of sake, which I am, you're in for a treat. Talking of treats, which I didn't utilize, is the spa, it looks fantastic, so when I'm back on Samui again, I know where I'm going.

Room Tip: Just off of the pool if you fancy getting lulled to sleep by the waves.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My business does bring me to Hotels quite often and I did stay @ Akyra for a night,which was actually my first time in Samui, following friends recommendation, I certainly did enjoy my work this time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband and I have just recently stayed at this cute little Japanese Oceanic Style hotel last month and we really enjoyed ourselves. The room is spacious with simple Japanese decor and only a couple steps away from the beach and the main pool, we love the oversized bath tub in the midth of bamboo shades in our room.The Hotel located in one of the best white powdery sand beach spot (hands down) in Chaweng Beach Town Center. All the staffs there are very friendly and very helpful with all the information about the hotel and what to do around the island. We ate lunch at the restaurant by the beach everyday since the food & drinks are at reasonable price and they serve simple yet comforting International & Thai food. The Spa was also fantastic, we loved the 90 minutes aromatherapy treatment so we went back there twice plus the price is also very reasonable....one of the best massages we have had in a while. Not much to tell there....we highly recomended Akyra for a couple retreat or group of friends.

Tel Aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Hotel is a 5 minutes walk from the center. the style of design for the hotel and rooms is somewhat japanesem this makes the rooms cozy but not too big, hoever bery tatsteful in our opinion.

the food was excellent on both restaurants. the SPA was Great as well.

Staff was ok, not much to tell there.

reccomended.

Room Tip: ask for a bottom floor rooms because the steps are killers :)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RMakyra, General Manager at Akyra Chura Samui, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Lior B,

Greeting from akyra samui.

Thank you very much for your comments.

On behalf of the entire team here at the resort thank you for visiting us and we look forward to welcoming you back again to the resort.

Best regards,
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Thank you Akyra and Trailfinders ( Conduit St.) Ms Joanna Grimshaw - I owe you a drink.
This resort was all it promised and then some. From the moment we arrived we exhaled and didn't have a care until we sadly departed.
We opted for a one bed suite, our own little Japanese type beach house. The combination of alfresco WC,and bath for two was luxurious and so unique. Bathing amongst a bamboo garden, blooms and an orchestral of unusual animal sounds...you knew you weren't in Kansas anymore. All was kept tidy and topped up by phantom service - never intrusive. By day six I woke and felt like I was at 'home'

The hotel location was amazing and the service came with a warm and genuine smile. The beach is picture perfect and the pool just enough to regulate your temperature. Our only one issue - please get some more poolside music. The chill -out cover CD on loop was a tad irritating after day two, started to turn me a little nuts by day four....
Almost every hour is happy hour- nice, and there are plenty of loungers buy the pool, on the beach, or in the shade. I'm a factor 50+ so it was nice to have a large area to choose from.

We ate dinner here on our last eve and rated it against anything else we had discovered. Saying that, a short walk north along the beach to the Matlong is well worth it. It may look a little shabby but the food! And it's a nice balance against all the luxury to stumble across something so basic and authentic. We had lunch and again our nightcap here. It became a daily ritual. Avoid Busabi south along the beach unless you want to pay London prices.

We hired a scooter across the road to explore a little more than the obvious strip and resorts. A bit tricky, but if you are confident and cautious this is well advised. There is so much to see in the island. Every bend offered a new perspective and view. Sunset at the golden Buddha, fisherman market, temples, surprises...worked out at 200 Bhatt per day!

This trip was hands down one of our best holidays ever, we had lumps in our throats at check out. Akyra was without fault, thank you so much. Oh, Prea, you were all just delightful.
( And I promise the St.Tropez will wash out of the bedding. )

Room Tip: We opted for a suite but I can't compare to the other rooms. I would say I would pay 25% over a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
RMakyra, General Manager at Akyra Chura Samui, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear akyra guest,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us here during your time on Samui. We certainly hope that you have returned home feeling refreshed and with many great holiday memories from Thailand!

Thank you very much for your review and we are glad that you enjoy your stay with us.

We will definitly get some more music by the pool and we are hopping that you wll come again to witness the changes.

Thank you once again and please contact me directly at rm@theakyra.com if any friends or family be returning to Samui and require special assistance with a booking.

Stephane Carric
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Ignore the bad reviews - some people can obviously never be pleased!

Everything about this hotel was fantastic, from the room, to the food, to the gardens, to the service. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

The beds were the most comfy I've ever slept in, bathroom was clean and spacious with double sinks and room generally comfortable. The only downside was a lack of storage, with only one two door wardrobe with a single half width drawer.

Pool area is picturesque and clean, the pool bar serves delicious lunch and drinks so once you're settled you really don't have to move further than from your bed to the pool. Catch a member of staff as they pass and they will bring you a menu to order from. Even the public toilet near the pool area was clean and well presented.

The beach is directly in front of the pool and is pretty and idyllic - definitely the most beautiful place I've ever visited. Seaweed does wash up overnight but you can't fight mother nature and it was regularly swept up. The sea is very shallow directly in front of the hotel but if you walk a minute or two further down (to the right) you can have a nice dip.

This hotel is at the quieter end of the strip but you can walk into Chaweng centre in about five minutes. We took a cab the first couple of nights as I was a bit wary of walking in the dark but it really isn't a problem - it takes literally no time (and I never usually walk anywhere!).

Overall a great hotel on a beautiful island, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Akyra Chura to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Akyra Chura Samui? Share your experiences!