We were really looking forward to our stay here but found that it wasn't for us. We're traveling with two small kids, so most of the shortcomings I found were from that perspective. It's a nice, relaxing environment for that location, which is fairly close to the main Chaweng area. The place has a modern-in-the-tropics look, but it's a lot of gray concrete.
We stayed in the one-bedroom suite with an ocean view. It's the room nearest to the beach on the right side of the path. It was very nice to have two rooms to spread out a bit, and the front patio with the two sunbeds is a good place to lounge if you don't want to go to the beach or pool. It'd be a nice touch if they set up a water basins or jars to wash sand off your feet before going into the room. I can kind of see the attraction of an outdoor bathroom, but I'm not a fan. The water from the shower always ran into the area with the toilet, and I didn't want to get bitten by mosquitos out there.
Service was fine, most of the staff were friendly. The breakfast buffet had an adequate variety. We didn't try room service. Overall the place didn't wow me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Celebrate the intoxicating blend of a luxurious, yet spirited, lifestyle resort with Koh Samui’s wildly beautiful beaches at akyra Chura Samui. Perfect for honeymoons, relaxation or just for rekindling your romance with travel, 61 stylish suites and rooms designed with exceptionally comfortable beds, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Splendia, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your Akyra Chura Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akyra Chura Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Akyra Chura Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand