“Incredible food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tree Tops

Tree Tops
92 / 1 Moo 2, North Chaweng Beach, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84140, Thailand (Formerly SkyHug Restaurant)
+66 77 960 333
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 137 Restaurants in Chaweng
4.5 of 5 stars 683 Reviews
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Asian fusion
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: This unique restaurant is the most romantic dining option within the island where guests can enjoy the most luxurious setting amongst the tree tops which is perfect for an occasion to demonstrate one’s love for each other. Guests can enjoy a menu inspired by Executive Chef, Matthias Mittnacht that encompasses carefully selected high quality fresh products brought together on your plate with all the years of his experience. The menu is complemented with our extensive wine list which will be carefully explained by our in house Wine Guru.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Incredible food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We ate here on new years eve and had the set menu before going to the beach party afterwards. The location and views were amazing and was a unique dining experience. For the food and setting it was great value for money. The food was perfect and was the best meal we had on Koh Samui by far. All the staff were excellent and kept coming to the table to make sure everything was ok, but not too much to intrude. The waiter Korn made sure we were looked after all night, and we had a good time with all the staff at the beach party afterwards. At the end of the night Korn and Tansy were really helpful in arranging a taxi for us back to our hotel.

A great night overall and will definitely return when we visit Koh Samui next time!

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Tree Tops, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Gallagher21,

Thank you for joining our New Year’s Eve Festivities in Tree Tops and later on the beach. It was great to meet you there and I’m glad to hear that my team looked well after you to ensure you have a great start into the year!

We look forward having you back on your next visit to Samui.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
portugal
“Unbeliveble good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

The best restaurant is the island
The best and different location
The best service
The best food
Thank you Chef Mathias, I will never forget

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Tree Tops, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear paprica77,

Short but sweet… Thank You.

Brisbane, QLD
“Had to move tables”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

From many recommendations, my friend and I were very excited to dine here. We planned it to be a night to 'go all out' so booked 4 weeks in advance to ensure we got the highest, best location at Table 7 and planned on having a feast!

Table 7 did not disappoint - the view was spectacular! We settled in with our welcome drinks and started perusing the menu. We were then told there was a table mix up and we had been seated incorrectly. I couldn't believe this wasn't Table 7 and there was an even better table than this one - even more excited now! So we packed everything up and moved ... much to my dismay, we were moved to a lower table with no view at all (trees in the way) as we watched a couple being seated at our table (which I could only then assume WAS table 7). I felt very let down and confused as to why we had been relegated to a table with no view, especially as the great view from the top was the main reason for choosing to dine at Tree Tops. We were told that they thought the other couple had cancelled so they put us on table 7 but as the other couple turned up, they had to move us. They said we were booked for Table 8. I checked the confirmation email which I had printed and it was very specific, we were booked in for Table 7, the highest table so I'm unsure why they thought we were booked for Table 8.

REALLY disappointing that we went out of our way to book a month in advance to enjoy a specific experience and did not get it. I felt very cheated!

The food was delicious but I must admit, I lost interest in the whole experience after the table incident. Was disappointing that the table was not given to the people who booked first (and well in advance).

It would have been a wonderful experience and I'm sure I would have eaten/spent alot more if that had not tarnished it.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at Tree Tops, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear seeyouallthere,

We appreciate your visit and positive feedback about the food and my sincere apology for the inconvenience we caused you. I have investigated your feedback with my team and agree that it certainly could have been handled much better from our side. We tried to call you today in your resort but unfortunately you had checked out already.

The initial mistake was clearly on our side when we double booked table 7 without noticing it beforehand. Unfortunately we shouldn’t have seated you at the wrong table and the situation should have been explained to you better. It is in fact true that you have booked the table 4 weeks in advance, but the other booking was actually already been made back in July (5 months in advance). Therefore my team had chosen to relocate the booking which came in later. As I mentioned before, the mistake is clearly on our side and I truly apologize for it. Nevertheless, I would like to point out that you have been relocated to table Nr. 8, which is a table with a very nice view too and is appreciated by many guests as one of their favorite (as you can see in many previous reviews).

In conclusion I have to say that we followed your suggestion to give the table to the guest that has booked first and I’m sorry to hear that such an incident has ruined your entire dinner experience in a way that you couldn’t appreciate the great food and service anymore.

Should you plan returning to Koh Samui I would appreciate if you could get in touch with me directly and I will arrange another Tree Tops experience for you that you will be able to enjoy, hopefully on table 7.

Prague, Czech Republic
“Michelin Candidate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Very intimate atmosfere, great stuff, delicious food. High style and price of a restaurant that could be compared to premium quality of European Michelin restaurants.

Dear Lanrati,

Thank you very much for your compliments on the dinner… a comparison with Michelin star awarded restaurants is certainly always appreciated, even though it is really not what we are aiming for.

Having worked myself in Michelin star restaurants in Europe I can say with confidence that we have a long way to go in order to reach their pricing levels.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“No words can describe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Again, i can't really use words to describe the culinary adventure i have experienced in this restaurant... Flavors I have never tried before which literally transported me far into the past, to my childhood, bringing back images and memories... Much respect to the chef and teams for creating such amazing items. I look forward dining there again.

Visited December 2013
Dear Mat O,

I think the words you have found are pretty good… therefore thanks for this, and hope seeing you back soon.