i've never stayed here. i dont see the point when there are 2 hotels directly behind the place that cost 1000 baht less per night and have everything i need. however, when im staying there i usually take a trundle down to ark bar for a meal, playing pool, smoke a schisa, have a drink or just chill on the beach and watch the fire twirlers.
the menu is huge. its like picking up a novel. i imagine being head chef here would be a bit of a head ache. food is that expensive that i usually just order thai food. it's always yummy. i especially liked the fried beef with the fried crispy lime leaves or whatever it was. ordered some satay skewers that were forgotten. thats the only problem i've ever had. communicating with the staff is fairly easy. for breakfast you get a bit of paper with check boxes and just tick what you want from this massive list. a nice touch i thought.
i've been a quite a few times and can't think of much to complain about really. the beach isn't that attractive in the daytime. since i always go to chaweng i havn't really seen many beaches in samui. not sure if they are all like this.
i dont like the little girl that comes around trying to pressure me into to buying flowers or whatever shes selling. once is a bit annoying but when she comes back to you twice every night and sits there staring at you telling you commeeee onnnnn pleaseeee. its quite annoying when your trying to just lay back and relax with a girl and a beer.
the place is huge. takes up half the beach. has at least 2 bars. at least 2 pools. 2 dj's? 2 eating areas i think. its massive.
only other thing that annoys me is a 1 star review i saw about some guy whos been there plenty of times and been a good customer getting accused of stealing a hand towel. none of my business but it has tainted its awesomeness a bit for me.
anyway it almost looks like a bad review. its not. the place is awesome. if beer bars and the disco arn't your thing check this out for a change of pace. it really is great to just lay back here in the evening and listen to the chilled beats with a cocktail and whatever else.
worth adding ark bar on facebook too. they post some interesting pictures of thailand
- Also Known As:
- Ark Bar Beach Hotel
- Ark Bar Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Ark Bar Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "ESCAPE YOUR WORLD AND PLAY IN OURS" We invite you to ARKbar Beach Resort and over 100 metres of spectacular beachfront. Here, at ARKbar, you can enjoy the tropical beaches and climate, meet people from all 4 corners of the world and party or chill in a unique relaxing yet vibrant atmosphere.ARKbar Beach Resort is conveniently located in the centre of Chaweng Beach and boasts over 250 rooms, the largest beach restaurant in Thailand, 3 beach bars, International DJ's, live musicians, fire shows and constant activity. During the afternoon, you have the choice of relaxing or partying at any of the 3 swimming pools or on famous Chaweng Beach, while enjoying a meal, a cold beer or perhaps indulge in a famous ARKbar cocktail. After this experience you will understand why we say "Afternoons at Ark Bar R Compulsory".As the evening sun sets over this tropical paradise, the beach transforms into a stunning and unique venue with a combination of dining, drinking, socialising with spectacular free entertainment every night. It is here that you can be a part of the world famous ARKbar Wednesday and Funky Friday Beach Party's."Escape Your World and Play In Ours" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Ark Bar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.