We have been to Koh Samui several times, and mostly stayed at beachside resorts. We have found that we tend to walk straight from breakfast to the beach, to the same sun lounge, day after day... And then at night we went shopping. But we did't see much of the island really.
This time our 15 year old daughter had a friend with her, so we were looking for a villa or apartment with 2 bedrooms. I stumbled over the Park´s website, and thought we give it a try. We are so glad we did! This the perfect way to spend the holiday!
The apartment was really big, well furnished and clean. The wifi worked great, the only place my daughter´s friend could use Skype to talk to her parents. At the back we had a car port where we parked our bikes. The pool outside our door step was great, and we thought the gym was better than you would expect from a property that size.
We had dinner in the restaurant the first night, and it was good, the Thai food was tasty. We had breakfast every morning, and the omelettes were the best we had during our whole trip! The staff were all really nice, big smiles everywhere. The lady in the reception (sorry, forgot her name) spoke really good English.
We did have two motor bikes, and went eveywhere on them. This is why we thought this was the best place, we felt free! We went to different beaches evey day, and to different restaurants at night in either Fisherman's Village or Choeng Mon beach, only a few minutes either way. We much prefer to dine by the beach and hear the waves, than on the busy road in Chaweng. After dinner we usually did go to Chaweng so the teenagers and the hubby could shop.
We will definately come back to the Park and then we will stay there the whole time. This place is really well priced, excellent value. More money left over to eat nice food and shop!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park Samui is a brand new luxury townhouse resort located close to Choeng Mon Beach, one of the best beaches on Koh Samui and close to everything. Each house sleeps four persons in two bedrooms and includes kitchen and a huge living area plus private balcony and terrace. Facilities include 2 swimming pools, fitness center, restaurant and free beach shuttle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your The Park Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Samui Hotel Chaweng
- The Park Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand