“prefect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chaweng Lakeview Condotel

You added Chaweng Lakeview Condotel to your Saves list
Chaweng Lakeview Condotel
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   71/50 Moo 6 | Bophut, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #14 of 45 Specialty Lodging in Chaweng
Ko Phangan, Thailand
“prefect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

this place was great, away from the craziness of Chaweng but only a short drive away, walking distance to the mall with a Tesco and movie theater, my room was the largest I've ever slept in, very clean and comfortable, I got a great deal booking online and was able to extend my stay at the same rate, nice sized kitchen with breakfest table was so nice in the morning, stayed on my own but this place would be great for a couple having a little vacation, didn't get a chance to eat in the restaurant or use the pool but both were in great condition, will be staying here for every future trip I make to Koh Samui

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The rooms were great especially for the price. They were big and spacious, had lots of storage, comfortable bed, nice kitchen, balcony, and a diverse selection of TV channels.

The lobby is unique; it’s totally open and inviting and the Jacuzzi pool was delightful.

My absolute favorite thing about the hotel was the staff hands down. I can't recall the last time I walked around a hotel where staff said hello by name. They went through every effort to make my stay as comfortable as possible. I am not the best driver, so a scooter was not an option for me :) However, the staff made sure I did not miss a beat. They helped me get reasonable transportation around the island. The concierge was always available to help me with any activity

I wanted to do. The owners were personable as well. Anything I needed I got quickly...including pictures of me in the pool :)

The hotel is a little low key, yet I still got awesome service. For a personable getaway during your getaway, I highly recommend this condotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

We booked online fairly last minute, would be ok if any taxi driver knew where it was! It's a fabulous complex sitting in the middle of a shanty town! The lake looks like a man made reservoir. Breakfast menu (which was included) advertised a full cooked breakfast... When all they had was egg and toast and a cup of tar (coffee), no fruit, no cereal, felt a little bit robbed there as we payed for it! We ordered a club sandwhich and were told 'we no have' almost as soon as the words came out of our mouth. The lock on our balcony door was broken so anyone could come and go at any time! We were the only people in the whole hotel so you'd think that would be sorted before we got there!
The hotel manager was a little creepy, said he's available 24 hours a day... Quite helpful but priced himself out of the market with scooter as we got a bike much cheaper in town! The place is falling apart which is so sad cos it's not that old. It is very hidden and a bit of a trek to town and beach.
Air conditioning was lovely! Rooms were nice and big, no cutlery or cooking utensils in the little kitchen! It's all a bit too strange!
The housekeeper was sooo lovely but that was it... Everything else made me uneasy! we definitely wouldn't go back!
Shuttle service available into town but not back. It was like his mates car though!
They tried to charge us for the breakfast which we had 1 morning out of the 5 we stayed even though it's included in price! Very strange people!

• Stayed April 2012
tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

I am very satisfied to stay this hotel in chaweng.
The room was huge, have kitchen,bath tub, flat TV,and nice big balcony. There is a beautiful swimming pool and gym as well.
Hotel staff were most helpful and kindness I have ever met in thailand during this trip.
They picked me up from other hotel at chaweng road for free.
I rend a bike it was 250B per day which is a little bit expensive than other area but the bike was not old, good bike, easy to ride compere to other bikes.
If you would stay here you must need a bike or own transfer. Less than 10minutes ride to chaweng beaches and main restaurants.
I stayed other hotel in chaweng main area however it was too noisy at night (specially after 1am music was getting roud) and i couldn't relax. I was so happy to stay this excellent room with very nice staff.
Highly reccommend.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are the same. no lift.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Winterthur, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I stayed for two nights in January 2012 and was very happy with room&service. A clean, spacious room with kitchen, balcony, bathtub&shower for a very reasonable price. If people complain here about a forgotten roomservice or not perfectly bleached sheets they should stay in 5 Star places for 100 or 200 US/night. The Chaweng Lakeview Condotel offers a very good value for their prices. The hotel is quite new. To get to the beach/nightlife better rent a motorbike.
When you get there first time make sure you print a map/adress of the hotel for the taxidriver. Even though it exists since more than 2 year most taxidrivers never heard about it.

Room Tip: All rooms are same size - looked like on the hotels pictures - even including the nicely folded towe...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cambridge, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Urrggghhhhhh!! was very disappointed, with everything! We stayed in a supposed VIP room, it and the bedding were dirty, the day after we returned and the rooms hadn't been made up as understood, explanation was that they had forgot haha!! oh dear! didn't make a deal of it just asked kindly if they could make a point not to forget the following day. its miles away from chwang so great if you'd like some peace. I didn't think the staff were friendly nor organised. we asked for a taxi to try and find mopeds to get around and the guy at the desk looked at me like i was an alien asking for peace on earth! Website is desieving so look out!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Liverpool
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011 via mobile

We arrived to the owner showing us our room,who was very helpful and polite, and the room was really big complete with kitchen area, fridge, t.v. and a lovely clean bathroom (hard to find in this price range). However, the location is not a good one as the main strip of chaweng beach is not within walking distance despite previous reviews saying otherwise. yes, the hotel offer you a free taxi service to the beach but you still have to pay to get back and again if you are goin out in the night. It soon adds up. Overall it is good but the money u might save on this room will just end up being spent on taxi's everywhere.

• Stayed November 2011

Been to Chaweng Lakeview Condotel? Share your experiences!