“SMOKING LITERALLY ON FIRE Rude reception Man at night” 1 of 5 stars
Review of KC Resort & Over Water Villas

You added KC Resort & Over Water Villas to your Saves list
KC Resort & Over Water Villas
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   166/98 Moo. 2, Chaweng Choeng Mon Beach Road, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320 , Thailand   |
Ranked #55 of 101 Hotels in Chaweng
London, United Kingdom
“SMOKING LITERALLY ON FIRE Rude reception Man at night”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Stayed at Kc on two difference occasions as we travelled the islands first 3/4 nights were good our room did smell of mould so we asked to move which they did we then returned after a few days in koh Tao and when returning to the room at 1.30am as entering the lift I could smell a strong burning smell when we reached the second floor the smell was getting stronger and hitting the back of my throat I panicked as my partner had been caught in a fatal hotel fire in bangkok where people died. We started to pack our stuff up and a young couple asked if we could smell the burning and took us into their room a few doors away their room was full of smoke we called the main desk and the man came up and insisted it was a spray they used In the air con we said No the rooms filling up we have to leave I have a 4/5 month baby she can't breathe this in I started to go down to desk and asked for a refund as we hadn't stayed and he said he can't as we booked through agoda and they had to issue the refund so we left with baby at 2/30 am to find another hotel as we was flying the following morning. We ended up in a mossie eating hotel and when I contacted agoda they spoke to the man on night shift and HE LIED TO THEM A
SAYING A LOAD OF LIES THEN MY THAI FRIEND CALLED HIM AND HE LIED TO HER ,! You are a bunch of money grabbing liars ! You risked the life of my baby and refused to refund me my money ,shame on you

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Visited KC Resort & Over Water Villa in July for my honeymoon.
We stayed in the Over Water Villa room #513..
Upon our arrival into the Villa the bed was decorated with rose pedals & 2 towel swans shaped into a heart, which was a beautiful touch for our first night of our honeymoon.
I would describe the villa to be amazing, spacious, & everything we could have expected with more.
Beautiful private pool below our Villa with a sheet of glass in the floor looking into our pool, big bathroom, lovely spa & comfortable bed. Our Villa was on the top row in the back corner as originally booked months in advance, the most delightful view overlooking the Chaweng beach.
The room had lovely decor & the hotel has all the amenities you would expect..
The breakfast buffet was very lovely & tasteful.
As we were in the highest Villa ontop of the hill we didn't find it to be an issue at all, there are buggy's to take you from your room to the lobby, or too the street & vice versa back to the room, the wait on the buggy is no more then a 60'seconds which was excellent..
All the staff are overly friendly, welcoming & full of smiles, they even remembered our names for the entire stay which i found to be delightful.
I arranged a Romantic honeymoon Dinner on the resort rooftop for a suprise for my wife & we were amazed at the preparation upon our dinner, organized by the overly friendly & kind hearted Aeh (food / beverage / restaurant manager)
Aeh arranged a table setup in the centre of the rooftop with candles & a heart shaped lighting surrounding the table with soft music playing & 2'beanbags & low table for cocktail drinks on arrival to watch the sunset, & a warm thank you to Tong for serving us so wonderfully that evening. The rooftop dining food was delicious & flawless, & Aeh even brought out a complimentary cake with 'happy honeymoon' on it just after our dessert.
I would also like to praise the 2'concierge / bellboys Phu & Jeen for there outstanding service & friendliness..
All the staff had gone above & beyond all expectations & my wife & I will be sure to return to KC over water villa's in the future.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed at kc over water villa for the first part of my honeymoon. We stayed in the top villa, which was secluded and private... The room was immaculate and the rose petals on the bed made for lovely ambience as we entered the room for the first night of our honeymoon. The staff were full of smiles, so incredibly friendly and went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. --
we had a rooftop dinner for two with led lights and pebbles in a huge heart around the table, romantic music and fantastic mood lighting made the evening unforgettable. The food was fantastic and a complimentary tiramisu "happy honeymoon" cake was beautifully decorated and given to us after the meal -- a lovely and unexpected gesture...
The extremely friendly, and beautiful Aeh, (food and bev manager) stayed after her shift, to tend to us on this honeymoon dinner...
She has always been a pleasure to see every morning.
The staff, especially Phu and Jeen were so welcoming, friendly, helpful and just all round fantastic. They also made the stay incredible as it was so lovely to create a friendship with two such wonderful and genuine men..always taking time to ask you questions and tell you about their families and lives, which was fantastic.
The resort in itself was impeccably clean and well maintained, with all the necessities provided. Gowns and slippers were so comfortable , the bed was fantastic and soft and the pillows so comfortable. The pool was amazing, and cleaned daily. The bathroom was just WOW!! My only issue with the whole resort and stay (which isn't necessarily their fault) was that the shower is not designed for a 4ft11 person like myself, and did not get to the hot temperature that I like. I do understand though that these showers are designed for large western men, and not for tiny western women. Besides that, (which wasn't even a major issue) I could not fault a thing and would stay here over and over again. Fantastic value for money. Much love for making our first week of our honeymoon so unbelievably enjoyable and memorable ..

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in the over the water villa, This villa was Everything and more. it was so great that I posted it on my blog with my personal rating and review. also on my youtube channel with clips on the villa and trip itself. check it out for a more detailed review.
my Blog is THE-ROLEMODEL.COM
My youtube channel is. Youtube.com/Therolemodelish (or just search THEROLEMODELISH on YT) I hope these two platforms gives you a better feel of how the villa in case you are considering on booking this. i say give it a go :)

Room Tip: I say go for the over water villa, I went alone and i was obsessed with it. this very romantic if yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hadera, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

the rooms clean and very beautifull..
, the service very good everybody smiling for us and take care of us.
.a specially Fomot from the reciption who give us the best service we can ask.
next time in samui ill come back only to k.c

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was stay at KC resort for 3 nights is beautiful room .on arrival the staff were friendly and informative for you every request .I never been Thailand before but stuff make I feel welcome from first day . Her name Fon her do her job billions good entertaining .the good food at the restaurant is very good and can get it delivered to your room for free .

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Would avoid this hotel, for the money you would expect better service. Rude woman in reception. Hotel website had misleading information on it, so they can make extra money from you. Enjoy your stay peacefully elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to KC Resort & Over Water Villas? Share your experiences!