“Honeymoon heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Moo 3, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Chaweng
“Honeymoon heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We arrived to the samui resotel after staying in patong for 9 nights. It was so lovely walking into the reception we were given cold drinks right away and asked to take a seat while they processed our reservation and got our keys. Our ocean pool villa was stunning! Walking into the all white room with our very own infinity pool over looking the beach was worth the extra money that we paid for the villa. On our first afternoon we enjoyed the sun and relaxed in our pool which was perfect temperature then we hired a scooter and drove to dinner. It was good staying on the quieter end of chaweng. Most days we would look out into the ocean from our pool and see hardly any heads bobbing around and we didn't get hassled too much by locals selling things. Hiring a scooter is a MUST! The resotel isn't located in the busy area of the Main Street. Though it is within walking distance but I think it was about 20 minutes walk. We got to ride around the entire island one day also and we found some great places to have dinner at very close to the hotel with amazing views. Very close to the cliff bar and grill. There are a few all next to each other. The staff spoke excellent English and were very helpful! When ever we needed something they got it for us right away and did not even need to ask our room number. They were very much on top of everything. The house keeping staff were so attentive! Almost a little too attentive! Our room was cleaned every day. Sometimes twice a day and there was always fresh flowers on our bed.

The only things I can fault are not having free wifi but it was only 100 baht for 30 minutes or you could access the "public area" within the reception and the buffet breakfast room. And the rooms were a little bit run down. But these things did not bother us one little bit! Only fussy snobby people would complain about these things.

My husband organized a beach dinner through the hotel for me and the food and service was amazing! They set it all up that day on the beach and it was beautiful! Our personal waiter was extremely nice and had great English. The food was the best Thai food we consumed on our entire holiday.

The last thing I can say is that our pool did go green on our second last day.. But we asked to have it cleaned and it was ready to swim in a couple of hours which didnt bother us as we had plans that day untill after lunch.

We will definitely go back to koh samui and stay at the resotel!! I didn't see any other beach pool villas along chaweng beach and nothing that looked as nice as the resotel

• Stayed May 2013
SamuiResotel, Manager at Samui Resotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear value Guest

Warmest greeting from Samui Resotel Beach resort

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel, I am certainly very happy to learn that your holiday with us are memorandum and nicely.

Once again please do accept my apologies for any inconvenience and I do hope that the reminder of your trip was most enjoyable.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked in 6 nights in Resotel and spa and to be honest we had some
doubts.But from the moment we arrived everithing was absolutly perfect,
the staf was very pleasent and ready to help you with any queries at any
time.Room was very clean and was cleaned on daily basis,every day we
would get clean bathroom towels and beach towels.The resort had two
bars and restoraunt,which had a beautiful upper level with breathtaking
view of Chaweng beach.Beach was very nice ,wit very nice sun longes
and umbrellas.Breakfast was a treat wery nice choice and would satisfye
most of guest.Definitly would recomend to anyone,hope to go back again.

Room Tip: We stayed in seaview room which overlooked the beautiful resort swimming pool and wet bar an you st...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hotel is located at south end of Chaweng beach and is of abstract/contemporary rather than traditional Thai design. Access right on to the beach with lounging chairs/umbrellas.Nearby shops, restaurants and bars just a very short stroll away and to go a little further afield costs 50 baht per person to climb into the back of a local tuk-tuk with other passengers and go to the "downtown" area near Green Mango Lane at night (for more energetic people a leisurely, if humid, walk would also get you there in about half an hour). DON'T take a 500 baht taxi for such a short trip. We had originally booked an ocean view room but were offered an upgrade to pool access villa which we accepted as the villa room was so pleasant and giving up a glimpse of ocean for the chance to slip into a pool right on our doorstep was much more acceptable. We checked out both rooms first and ocean view room was still very nice and I would have been happy with that if we weren't offered the upgrade. Room was great, well maintained, and all staff were very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: To make the most of a visit to a tropical island a sea view or pool access room is always nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear value Guest

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

This has to be the most dreadful hotel I've ever stayed at

I booked the pool access room due to the reviews people had given and the photos they had shown on the website.

I was appalled that they class this hotel as a 4 star hotel! I've stated in 3* hotels that are miles better

1) It's so run down the pool access was so dirty, People were washing there feet in there rather then getting in it!

2) the room was so damp, I felt wet and dirty all the time

3) on the side of a noisy road 24 hour noise scooters going by all the time couldn't get any sleep

4) staff couldn't speak any English what so ever so you're on your own when you get here

5) breakfast was awful most of it seemed out of date

6) very dirty and flithy bathroom
Also the tap for the bath was Brocken. Bit pointless having a bath in the room as I couldn't fill it up

7) the hotel trying to make a profit from everything all they thought about was ripping us off ( especially for taxis hint hint hotel shuttle which you had to pay a very expensive price for)

8) the location is about an 45 min walk to anything in the street remotely interesting. If you want to buy a suit or go to 7/11 it's ideal

Over all I couldn't wait to leave this hotel. Worst experience, I stayed at another 2 hotels on the island which were great mileeeeesss better than this one so save your money and find a better hotel on the island there is plenty of nicer hotels.

• Stayed May 2013
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Nice looking hotel, but way overpriced for what you get for your money. Staff have no idea, can't speak English and are rude!! Got charged for our first night even though we cancelled, they took it as a no show, 4600 baht for absolutely nothing!!! Been a nightmare trying to explain it to the staff that don't really know if they're coming or going. In the end we just had to forget about the 4600 baht we had to pay, it was like hitting ur head against a brick wall!!
Then after our 2nd night we left as we found something for 2000 per night that was way better!!

Location is ok, good 30 mins walk to the night life area of chaweng.
Food was average. Swimming pool quite small.
No free wifi as per booking.com, Internet was quite expensive considering you can go almost anywhere for free wifi.

Been there, done it, but not again and wouldn't recommend it!

Room Tip: Pool access room was ok, even though I wouldn't recommend this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at samui resotel with my partner for three nights in April. I a. Really torn with regards to this hotel as it has so much potential but the quality of the build is quite poor.
Anyway, upon arrival the receptionists were really friendly. We had booked an ocean view room for three nights.
We were taken to our room. The 'ocean view' was largely obstructed by a roof of the building in front of it. And the terrace with a daubed that was described prior to booking didn't exist. It had a balcony but you couldn't sit out on it as there was not enough room for any furniture. The room itself was HUGE and bright. It was a lovely fresh room. However, some of the fixtures were of extremely poor quality. The shower head on the bath kept falling apart. The bath was massive. Big enough for two people to sit comfortably. However, the water pressure was so poor that it would of taken well over an hour to fill. Speaking of the water, it was freezing!! We had no warm water at all, for our entire stay! Luckily the weather was that hot that a cool shower did us fine. The air conditioning plumbing pipe went through to the bathroom and it flooded all over the floor on more than one occasion.
The room door was another problem. Every time we entered the room with the card, we would close the door and an alarm would sound because the door hadn't closed properly. We would regularly spend 3 or 4 minutes trying to stop the alarm which was a pain in the back side.
I know the above sounds pretty negative but it was purely the material things. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast was lovely and fresh every day. The beach in front of the hotel was kept to a high standard and on face value the hotel looks like a 5 star hotel. It is just the little things that need to be fixed.
I would definitely stay in the hotel again. I would book the ocean pool room next time. This was my original choice but they were sold out when I came to book.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear value guest

Warmest greeting from Samui Resotel Beach resort

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel, I am certainly very happy to learn that your holiday with us most are memorandum and nicely.Thank you again for a chance for the next visit.

During stay with us should we have any inconvenience please do apologized we will continuously maintain our policies as same as. Should we know that some of our facilities make your much poteltial we will do the upgarde or looking up for other room that we have.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The rooms are really great and comfortable. I had the superior category with private swimming pool, just a shame that there is no intimacy as the private pool gives on the main one. I did a mistake at booking and thought the price would be for 4 nights, but was only one. Would never have booked this hotel otherwise, as it was out of my budget. Anyway, it is very luxurious, but still a bit too expensive for Thailand. Has to be great for honeymooners or families. Chaweng beach is not very nice, water not clear, was a bit disappointing in terms of landscape expectations.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest

Best Regards;

Been to Samui Resotel and Spa? Share your experiences!