“Wonderful Beginning to our stay in Samui” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nora Buri Resort & Spa

You added Nora Buri Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Nora Buri Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   111 Moo 5 North Chaweng Beach | Tambol Bophut, koh samui, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #17 of 101 Hotels in Chaweng
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore
“Wonderful Beginning to our stay in Samui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have booked my stay from 15 to 19 June in a seaview villa. This is my second night as I write this review. Prior to my arrival, I have communicated with the GM and he was prompt with his replies and what surprised me was he personally replied to my emails. He ensures that things are well taken care of and his team of staff are well-informed of the arrangements too.

I arrived late in the evening at the airport and was transferred by the hotel shuttle. You have to walk all the way out to the meeting area after clearing the immigrant before you could see people holding cards with names on it. You could book private transfer in the airport itself.

The journey to the hotel took about 5 mins. We were led to the lobby and the staff took care of the check in and we need not have to go to the reception at all. The staff explained everything in the package of our stay. We didn't have to wait long and after our welcome drink, we took a buggy up the steep slopes to our room.

We were given a room in the middle of the hillside. We had to walk a little to our room despite having the buggy. I guess that is compensated with the fantastic seaview we had when we got up in the morning. But for those with children and elderly, you may want to consider the rooms just above the pool. I'm feeling the strain on my knees already but I still prefer to climb than to take the buggy. Our luggages were sent to the room shortly after we were led to our room.

The room was amazingly big and beautiful. It is well kept and clean except for the permanent stains on the toilet bowel seat which i am feeling quite uneasy. Seaview villas are at second level hence the high roof ceiling.
For the slight difference in price, seaview villa is recommended compared to the hill view villa unless you don't mind facing the other rooms or rock wall, basically there is no view.

Wifi is free, the signal is strong and the loading speed is fast.

The GM had arranged for a birthday cake in our room to celebrate my wife's birthday. Thank you for the kind gesture.

The next day we requested for plates and cutlery to be sent to the room for our cake. I was again surprised that they were sent in 5 mins. Kudos to the F&B team. My room is really away from the main tracks and he could make it in a short time.

There is a wide spread of food for breakfast. We had a great breakfast before we started our activities.

The swimming pool was nicely designed with jacuzzi pool and well maintained. It's a pity that it started to drizzle shortly after our swim. We went back to the room and we enjoyed the sea view. It's simply relaxing.

Apparently there is a change in timing for the shuttle bus Going to Chaweng and back. The slip we were given is different from the timing stated in the room information folder. We need not pay for the service. The last transfer from Chaweng back to hotel is 10.15 pm. Be at the pick up point least 10mins before the stipulated time in case you miss the bus.

Before I book the room, I read through the reviews and saw a few negative ones. However, it does not seem like those unpleasant experiences would happen at Nora Buri but perhaps due to misunderstanding.

Overall the design of the resort provides a sense of tranquility, peace and relaxation. Perhaps we would try the pool villa in the future for a different experience.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

After reading all the reviews on the tripadvisor for this hotel, we decided to book it for our honeymoon. We are going end of august 2013- start of september 2013 and we just cannot wait.
We will be reviewing this hotel in full after the holiday, just hope the weather won't let us down. So many of you got so lucky to be upgraded to better rooms, I'm really hoping this kindness will be shown to us too... Well till September readers will let you know all about this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Macquarie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out the staff never failed to look after us. The lovely welcome drink and refresher towel to the buggy ride to and from our villa we were always greeted with beautiful smiles. The security guards were so cute always saluting as they stepped out to stop traffic making sure we crossed safely. The service at all their restaurants was excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed our private cooking class, our spa treatments were a real treat and done in beautiful surroundings. Loved our villa and private pool. The hardest decision each morning was deciding what to choose for breakfast massive array of delicious food beautifully presented. We chose to eat at the resort each night and enjoyed trying the different menus on offer. The free shuttle service to and from the main shopping area was also appreciated. All in all we had a lovely relaxing week thanks to the way all staff members went out of their way to make our time at Nora Buri so special. If we have the opportunity to visit Thailand again we will definitely stay here again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chanupong901, General Manager at Nora Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear our Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Nora Buri Resort koh Samui and taking the time to write us a great review in trip advisor

We are pleased to learn that you were generally happy with our facilities and services provided and our Food outlete

thank you for wishing to visit us again on the next visit to Thailand

We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Nora Buri Resort again in the near future, we remain

Yours sincerely,
Chanupong M Chamni
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

As a Family we booked around 9 rooms which are hillside and 1 which is by the beach from the 23-26 of May. 3 rooms are scheduled to check out on the 25 and the rest on the 26th. As we are all flying in from different part of the world, I had to arrive earlier than all the other and i went for early check in. The service and the attitude of Mr. Udon .Y was terrible. After handing my passport to him, instead of politely telling me to go to the sofa and wait, he gave me the WTF look and said in a really impolite manner "go sit and wait" (I AM NOT A DOG!) which i did. There wasn't anyone checkin in that early in the morning but still i had to wait for 30 minutes before someone came to me and brought me to my room. A buggy came. I wasn't sure if it was the new Fast and Furious 6 that inspire the drivers in Nora Buri to drive so fast up the hill as well as down the hill. As a Yonug Chap i do not mind, but later on the day when my grandparents are here they are still driving like chickens without head! if thats not bad enough, they drove even faster when we had a baby on the buggy!

Later on the day the rest of the family arrived and they were greeted with complimentary drinks which i find really wierd because when i arrived i did not get anything. After mving into my room, there were stains on my bed, washroom not cleaned properly, no hot water and they gave me some complimentary fruits that obviously have been dropped on the floor before. They have dents all ver the fruits. After observing the stains on the bed sheet, i thought it was probably a stain that cannot be removed so i didn't really care (but 5 star resort should not even serve this type of bed sheet) and expected them to change it the next day as Sunny the on duty supervisor said the bedsheet are changed everyday.

The bedsheet were not changed everyday cause i see the stain 3 days in a row. As i mentioned earlier in this review 3 rooms are suppose to check out on the 25. on the 24th i went to the front office and told them that i need to extend one more night for my room. Again Mr. Udon. Y told me that if he adds a night for me it will be a different price than when i send a email in. I kindly agreed and send a email in that night and went in the morning the next day to reconfirm that it is confirmed that i extended a night. Mr. Udon.Y was there again and he said yes to all my question. Later that afternoon when we got back tot he hotel there were a remaining of 8 rooms and 5 of the rooms cannot be entered because they deactivated all the room keys! The only room that should have a problem is the room that has one night extended but even so i went in the morning to reconfirm with Mr.Udon Y that my card will still work. After fixing that problem i went into my room and STILL THEY DID NOT CHANGE MY BEDSHEET! and there was a very foul smell in the room. I called the guest service to get someone to come check my room out and they only sent someone after 45 minutes.

Everytime we have a request we tell the hotel in advance so they can prepare what we need when we ask for it but last night when we just asked for a receipt Mr. UDON. Y was giving the blank look and kept asking me wat is a receipt? 5 star resort that doesn't even know what is a receipt?!

Anyway this resort is really bad and i will never come back here again. Mr. Udon. Y in front office and Sunny on duty supervisor should not even have a job. After all that problem, i was not looking for any free or complimentary things, but they didn't even give an apology letter. This hotel is disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Chanupong901, General Manager at Nora Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you leter from the office of the General Manager Nora Buri Resort koh Samui!

Dear value guests

We were very regret to hear of your unfortunate experience on your recent stay with us at Nora Buri Resort

I have taken up of your comments and seriously discussing this with the team to sort it out in order to improve our service standards

I personally apologise for any inconvenience caused However after investigation Mr.udon and staff concerned found thatthey have tried thier Best to accommodate you even early morning. However Language for the people on this Island might not be fluently when communicate but we believed the beauty of Thai Culture and staff body language is fully being trained

Looking back to thoses other travellers whom visiting us they all satisfied with our service and facilities provided and rate us in reasonable score which is very useful for travellers worldwide when need a real information. We found that some part of comments not base on facts but rather on personal emotions and not useful for any party

Hotel just recently won the Excellent performance 2013 award by Trip advisor where those scores are voted by our resort guests and brought us to ranking 2 of 7 top leading hotels in the Chaweng Beach

Please could you reconsider and give us a fair rating or remove it out that could help the other travellers from misunderstanding all in all

Yours sincerely,

Nora Buri Resort koh Samui
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Asia in General has become our yearly holiday destination and on our first trip to Koh Samui we were not disappointed.
Like most of our holidays to Asia you compare one to another, which in some instances may not be fair given the different locations and attractions.
Nora Buri did not disappoint.
We stayed there from 1st to the 15th April. During this time the weather was in the mid to high 30's with very high humidity.
We were in a beachside Pool Villa which was just so relaxing and well appointed that we took full advantage of our own pool every day.
The rooms are quite big in comparison to other places we have stayed, and the adjoining ensuite had the advantage of an outdoor shower.
From the greeting we received at check in from Anna the Guest Relations Manager and up until we left we were always well received from the staff and were very well looked after.
Apart from some minor language differences everything we required help or assistance with was done with a smile.
If you have trouble walking up stairs or steep slopes they have golf carts that will come and ferry you around, otherwise you may find it difficult to walk around the resort. Particularly on the hillside which is quite steep.
The breakfasts are great and you have a wide selection of food. The Barge restaurant of an evening serves great meals and we found all of them to be very well priced. A few times a week they have some themed events, out door cabaret show, which is well worth it. You can choose to go with the buffet or a la carte.
The local band is great and provides you with some light entertainment each evening.
Golf at Santiburi was fantastic. I arrange all my own golf on holidays through the hotels. It is the only 18 hole championship course on Koh Samui. Including trasfers, golf, caddy, cart for me and my wife, a meal and drink after the game you are paying around $220 AUD. The views from the clubhouse and course are spectacular which adds to the game. The course is challenging from the back markers, and is as equally challenging off the front markers. The caddies are great even if they can't speak great English, but make sure you listen to where they tell you to drive the ball on those holes you can't see the fairway, otherwise you could end up in heaps of rough...... doesn't matter you send them to find the ball!
The shopping in town is very similar to Phuket without the hassles and less traffic. We did a 4 wheel drive tour of the island including a thai village, monkey, elephant and crocodile park, the waterfalls and a final drive over the mountain ridge back to town which we enjoyed.
We would have no hesitation going back to Nora Buri, we have always refrained from going back to the same hotel, but this is an exception.
A big thanks to Venice who always looked after us and went out of her way to say hello every morning. Like all holidays you don't know what you miss until you get back home.
Its well worth the visit.

Room Tip: If you are wanting a Villa, the beachside is the best. Hillside is quite steeper to walk up.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear our Valued guests ,

Sawasdee krub !! Greetings from the Sunny Island of Koh Samui and Nora Buri Resort and for which we would like to thank you and I hope that in the meantime you had reached home safely.!!

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a wonderful review in trip advisor which very useful for all worlwide travellers we are glad to know you were very much happy with your private pool villa by Beachside and overall service provided at Nora Buri Resort .

Yes, Being in the service industry, we believe in providing our guests the highest attention, and nothing makes us happier than recieving the feedback from our value guest like you .

Your kind compliments to our staff friendliness especcially Ms. Anna our Guest service manager is highly appreciated

we shall look forward to welcoming you to our paradise Island again very soon , we remain

yours sincerely

General manager
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed. Very unique designed. We stayed at a deluxe room it was quite spacey with a nice view to the ocean. One tip, try ask for the room as close to lobby as possible, a lot stairs to walk... But it's all worth it. The breakfast is also very good with variety of food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you note from the Office of General manager Nora Buri resort

Dear Susan,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write us a wonderful review in trip advisor we are pleased to know you were rating us as the nicest Hotel ever stay ! that make us very proud and ready to constantly move forward to maximize our guest satisfaction in our resort

yours sincerely

General manager
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

After reading several reviews on TA and struggling to make a final decision as to where to stay for the first part of our honeymoon, my husband and I chose to stay at Nora Buri from 16 April - 21 April.. And what a fantastic decision it was!!

From check in to check out we had nothing but friendly and 5 star service. Located in a beautiful quiet location nestled amongst hills and beautiful vegetation, the Nora Buri resort was only about a 10 minute drive from Samui airport. Upon arrival we were greeted with big smiles and a refreshing (and yummy) mocktail and cool towels to refresh us from the warm heat. Despite some minor issues with our booking, we were then transferred to our room which was a Deluxe Hillside Room (room number 702). The room is lovely and located just behind the pool, but rest assured due to the way the room is designed nobody can see into your room from the pool or walkways close by. The room itself is beautifully maintained and always cleaned to perfection. We never had any issues, and we were happy that it was literally a 2 minute walk to the pool and breakfast buffet. It is also a big room and you feel very comfortable from the moment you walk in.

On our second day, we were very surprised (and excited) to be told that we had been upgraded to a Beachside Pool Villa (room number 607). The resort is stretched over two properties and all of the beachside villa's are located on the second property facing the ocean. To get to the second property, you can either cross the road which is not dangerous at all and managed by very friendly and responsible security guards, or you can walk through the underground tunnel. We enjoyed walking across the road and being saluted by the security guards and having brief conversations with them. The pool villa was also stunning and exceptionally maintained. We had views of the ocean, and it was for us even more special as it was a kind upgrade and something we were not expecting.

Both properties have fantastic pools - words cannot describe how beautiful and well designed they are. Property one (where the deluxe rooms and hillside villa's are located) has a pool that spans over two levels and no matter where you are standing, you are faced with superb views of the ocean. The pool is also facing the road but due to its design, you would not even realise and cannot here a sound from the traffic. This pool also has a funky swim up bar with very friendly staff and fantastic service. The pool in property two (beachside) is stunning - with its glistening blue tiles and beautiful views of the ocean, it really does feel magical swimming and relaxing by the pool. Again, maintenance and service was flawless. In our rooms, there was always a beach bag (or pool bag) which was refreshed daily with new towels - this was very handy for us.

Breakfast was beautiful and very well presented. There was a large array of culinary delights from the western options of various breads, spreads, cheeses, cold meats and cereals, to the traditional asian style breakfast of soups, rice and curries. Of course, we cannot forget the beautiful fresh fruit served daily. There is also an egg station on offer – yummy omelettes made fresh to order with your selection of fillings! All staff were friendly and happy to assist at all times. Apart from breakfast and ordering snacks by the pool, we visited The Barge restaurant on our first night – it was amazing! The food was beautiful and we believe well priced. I recommend at least one visit to this lovely restaurant to experience traditional Thai food.

I was splurged to a 3 hour pampering package at the Resorts Spa and that was perfect. Overlooking views of the ocean, the spa facilities are 5 star and the treatment was well received. In Australia, I would pay anywhere between $350-$500 for a 3 hour pampering package, but I paid just over $100 Australian dollars. I also highly recommend a visit to their Spa, where the service was professional, polite and all about making you feel important and relaxed.

The resort itself we believe is in a great location if you are looking for relaxation but also do not want to be too far away from the main city – Chaweng. It was under a 10 minute drive into Chaweng where you will find all of the shops, restaurants, currency exchange, grocery stores etc. Whilst in Samui you must also visit Fisherman’s Village, which was about a 10-15 minute drive from the resort. Chaweng and Fisherman’s Village are in opposite directions of one another – Fisherman’s Village is more about markets, fresh cocktails and relaxing by the beach with a drink in hand!

Whilst in Samui my husband and I rented a scooter through the resort which we highly recommend. A lot of the scooters that can be hired externally may not cover insurance (personal injury and/or damage to vehicle) but through the resort everything was covered. We had a wonderful time scootering around the whole island of Samui which can be easily done in half a day! It was great to see the outer suburbs as well as visit the amazing beaches the island has to offer.

As you can tell, we cannot rate Nora Buri high enough! It was the perfect start to our honeymoon and really has left us with great memories. I recommend this resort to honeymooners and couples, and to those wanting to get away, switch off their mind and relax. We have definitely said that we will return to Samui again and to nowhere else but Nora Buri :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nora Buri Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!