“Best staff I have ever seen. Wonderful experience. Got married there!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nora Buri Resort & Spa

You added Nora Buri Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Nora Buri Resort & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   111 Moo 5 North Chaweng Beach | Tambol Bophut, koh samui, Chaweng, Bophut, Ko Samui 84320, Thailand   |
Ranked #18 of 101 Hotels in Chaweng
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Best staff I have ever seen. Wonderful experience. Got married there!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The resort is absolutely visually astonishing in all of it's parts, from a grand lobby, to its unique pool side bars, breathe taking views from seemingly every corner of this massive resort.

The food from the Thai restaurant is affordable but with no skimping on excellence. Drinks are always superb and also affordable.

The Barge Restaurant offers absolutely amazing cuisine, our best meal on our month long holiday in Thailand.

The Spa treatment we got with our wedding package was amazingly relaxing and far better than all the cheap and cheerful lot you'll find everywhere else.

We decided to get married at Nora Buri and right from the beginning the experience was effortless and magical. The staff at Nora Buri are worthy of your trust, and we felt they over-delivered in every way with regards to the most special day of our lives, our wedding.

Our guests all felt and experienced the same thing, Nora Buri is simply an excellent experience.

P.S. BEST BREAKFAST EVER! Full spread, you name it they've got it, including thai desserts, dragon fruit salad, eggs cooked to order, FRESH WAFFLE!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chanupong, General Manager at Nora Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Appreciation Note from the Office of General manager -Nora Buri Resort koh samui.

Dear Porksalot London, United Kingdom,

Greetings from the Sunny Island of Koh Samui and Nora Buri Resort and Spa ! for which we would like to thank you for Choosing us as your Wedding Venue on the Paradise Island of Koh Samui and I hope that in the meantime you and your friends had reached home safely.!!

Thank you very much for your taking your time to share your experience in Trip Advisor Review and glad to know you and your wife were very happy with our service provided from the first minute of your arrival till the last day of your stay especially our welcome team, Lobby design, Spa treatment , Food & Drinks at Breakfast and at the Barge Fine dining at Nora Buri Resort

It is only by having this kind of information that we are able to constantly motivate our Team to maintain our Charming services. I shall take the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind words and your compliments to the Staff and the Wedding team accordingly

We have seen your comments in many places around the world where you have traveled and found that your comments were base on fact and from yourown experience we really appreciated and value of your comments as it is very usefull for other travelers who want to find the finest place for thier wedding or celebrating thier Honeymoon occassion

We will take good care of your LOVE TREE and hope it is not too long before we welcome you and your wife back to Nora Buri Resort again soon.

Yours sincerely.

Chanupong Manachamni (Mr.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

The view at nora buri is beautiful! It is up a hill which makes the view but is also a pain as you have to walk up lots of stairs or jump on a golf buggy.. the rooms where clean and big with a nice sized shower and bath.. Although we had to wait extra for check in as they were still cleaning our room. we arrived at 11:30 and was not let in our room until 2:45 when check in is at 2. the service is average the reception desk knows only a bit of english and you have to repeat yourself to 3 different people until they know what you want.. the bars are very expensive 140 baht for a singha where you can buy them for 70 baht at most other bars and restuarants. the biggest down fall was that on the bottom pool deck my foot went through the deck as it was no longer screwed on; i got a small cut on the side of my foot and notified the staff at the restuarant.. the waiter did not apolgise or ask if i needed any further assistance.. It is a nice hotel but for the price that you pay you expect a little more..

• Stayed January 2013
Chanupong, General Manager at Nora Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Greetings from the Nora Buri Resort and Spa Koh Samui !

Dear Britney,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share your experience in Trip Advisor and pleased to know you were generally satisfied with our Location and beautiful View , however I have taken note of your comment regarding unfortunate incident at the Pool deck which has been correct ed and sorted out already

Such comments and value feedback is always highly motivating us to improve our service and facilities

Britneyy, Once again my sincere apologies to you for being so inconvenienced and I do hope this will not deter you away from stay with us in the future , I remain..

We shall look forward to welcoming you back again soon

chanupong M Chamni
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I had my wedding at Nora Buri Resorts & Spa. Best decision ever! They really exceeded our expectation and made my big day truly special and emotional! There is too much to mention about Nora Buri so I'll break it down.

STAFF
The staff are exceptionally professional, friendly, sincere and always smiling! Whenever they make a mistake they're sympathetic and apologetic. Very sincere and they care about their customers and offer top service. They will try their best to make your stay the very best and they have achieved that no problem at all. Thank you guys (the buggy rides are so fun!).

SERVICE
Resorts have a tendency to be isolated and far from everything. Nora Buri is close to the airport (free return transport for bride and groom) and have a shuttle running every hour to Chaweng (some free some cost 80 baht per person). The General Manager Mr. Manachamni was very kind to let us be transfered to a pier instead of airport (which they don't usually do). We really appreciated your kindness. He is a busy man but he always have time to say hello to us and be at our wedding day.

ROOM
We got an unexpected upgrade to a private pool villa! It was amazing. The sea view is very romantic and the room was decorated with flower petals for our wedding night.

WEDDING
Michelle was our wedding planner. She is one of the most patient and professional wedding planner you can get. We emailed her back and forth and who knows how many changes we made her do but she kept her calm and did her job exceptionally well. She's very experienced I bet she can take the toughest bridezillas!

Michelle and her team made our wedding day the best it could be. The decorations was beautiful and everything went smooth and well. There was one time I had no idea what to do, Michelle guided us and we were back in track again smoothly.

Food and drinks was fantastic and all our guest enjoyed the meal!

DINING
Apart of our wedding package we got a private dinner for two. It was on the lawn and decorated with flowers. The dinner was fantastic but a bit too much food. I have no idea how many couples can finish such a meal! It felt like a Set Meal Buffet if you know what I mean! We had to cancel dessert as it was too much food. General dining, the food and drinks are reasonably priced and by the sea.

SPA
I never really go to spa but since it was part of the wedding package I went. We are so glad we did the spa. It was 2 hours of really relaxing and good spa treatment. I felt a bit funny as we had to be fully naked but it was liberating at the same time :-D (Don't worry they cover you up!) I highly recommend everyone to at least try their spa!! I'm hoping to come back again some day!

Anyway, enough talking and time for photos.

More information and photos will be posted on my blog later on at http://meileitravels.wordpress.com. So stay tuned!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chanupong, General Manager at Nora Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Appreciation noted from The Office of Gneral manager soffice -Nora Buriresort Koh Samui

Dear meileitravels Melbourne, Australia,

Greetings from the Nora Buri Resort and Spa Koh Samui ! for which I would like to thank you for your kind compliment to our Team through this review in The Trip advisor forum
and I hope that in the meantime you had reached home safely.!!!

We are most delighted to learn that you were impressed and happy with our arrangement & services on your recent wedding at Nora Buri resort, Nice to know you enjoy with room upgrade to pool villa in order to ensure your stay with us is a memorable one

Yes, being in the service industry, we believe in providing our guests the highest attention, and nothing makes us happier than received such confirmation of our guests’ satisfaction like you.

Thank you for your kind compliment to my team and myself we shall certainly share your kind compliments to all staff members and particulary Ms. Michelle the wedding planner

In the meantime, we shall endeavor to maintain and continue improving our service to the maximum satisfactory point.

Wish you a wonderful wedding life , with sunny regards,

yours sincerely ,

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great hotel ! Was staying in the deluxe hillside room I would definitely recomend upgrading as there's no real view from the room also a bit far of a walk to the beach and in the morning the buggies take a while to pick you up . We upgraded on our last night to the hillside pool villa it was beautiful !! Staff was great always there to help you out and where very pleasant . I would also recomend going to there spa, services were great and view from there was breathtaking . Overall a wonderful place to stay would definitely recomend it and will be coming back again !!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chanupong, General Manager at Nora Buri Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Appreciation Message from the Office of General Manager- Nora Buri resort Koh Samui

Dear Nena from Vancouver, Canada,

Greetings from the Sunny Island of Koh Samui and Nora Buri Resort and Spa !

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share your review in The Trip Advisor and very happy to leran you were very much satisfied and happy with our Pool Villa and our Spa facilities during your recent stay at the Nora Buri Resort –Koh Samui

Such comments and value feedback is always highly motivating but even more so when it comes from someone like you who have traveled widely and can appreciate the finer points of what we are trying to achieve.

Nina, we are very much appreciated your feedback and value of your comments which very useful for all traveller and in order for us to maintain the standadrd of service

we shall look forward to have an opportunity to welcoming you back to us again soon, we remain.

Yours Sincerely ,

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in a hillside Seaview room for 5 nights.

Pros:

Great beach side pool with sit in pool bar and Spa jets (hotel has two big pools) Awesome to sit poolside and listen to waves crashing. This is the best thing about this hotel.

Large spacious bathrooms with shower and tub.

Bedrooms are large with balconies and a very comfortable bed.

Staff driving you around huge resort in buggy.

Free manager cocktails on thursday night near the beach and acoustic entertainment (excellent!)

Cons:

Most of the staff were great. Particularly the filipino staff like Joseph and Venice who were very friendly and chatty. Other staff at beachside pool also gave excellent service. But reception at arrival was under whelming for a five star place - no welcome drink, no face towel, no explanation of resort facilities or room, could barely understand the lady who greeted us. There was also one thai staff at the top pool who had an attitude problem - seemed reluctant to help get extra towels and was more interested in watching his video on his iphone - have never experienced anything like it in a 5 star hotel.

Transport to and from resort was a rip off and disappointing. Costs 80 baht per person to Chaweng Beach (5 min drive) in the hotel shuttle. Shuttle should be free in my opinion or at least build the cost into the room rate. I don't want to be signing voucher charges to my room every time I want to get into town. Taxis are an absolute rip off in samui. It costs more than Western prices. Even after you bargain hard (pay no more than 200 baht to and from hotel) the taxi mafia still wins. The hotel drivers took us in the hotel car one night when we asked for a taxi then tried to charge us (and another couple who also wanted a taxi at the same time) the same taxi Mafia rate of 250 baht, we refused to pay this price as we were sharing with another couple.

Hotel is too far to walk to the main strip and the beach in front of hotel is not recommended (some rubbish and Broken glass).

If you want to party and be amongst the restaurants nicer Beach and general buzz of samui then stay somewhere on Chaweng. If you want to be secluded and chill out near a pool and in a comfortable room then this place is good.

• Stayed January 2013
Appreciation Message from The Office of General Manager -Nora Buri Resort koh samui,

Dear Mr ManTraveller from Sydney,

Greetings from The Nora Buri Resort and Spa Koh Samui ! and hope that in the meantime you had reached home safely.!!

Thank you very much for Taking your time to share your review in Trip advisor and glad to know you were gebnerally happy with our facilities and service provided at the Resort

I have taken note of your feedback and comments, which certainly do not reflect our usual standards, It is only by having this kind of information that we are able to constantly improve our standard of services.

for guest convenience Hotel provides free 5 round trip shuttle bus services to and from downtown from Morning till late night and beside that only at THB 80.- per person compare to local taxi at THB 200-250 per car

Hope this will not deter you away from stay with us in the future , I remain..

Yours Sincerely,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at the Nora Buri Resort for 5 days. We couldn't have picked a better place in Thailand. As soon as we stepped up to the open lounge area, we have been well taken care of by hotel attendants. Very friendly staff. Our room was in a bungalow placed almost at the top of the hill. Golf buggies were always there to give us a ride up to the bungalow. We got the room with a view of the sea as requested, although I was a bit disappointed when I saw that the view was partially obscured by the bungalow in from of us. But never the less, the whole setup was amazing. Excellent breakfast. The beach in front is not the best but clean.

Room Tip: You would spend too much time coming up and down if have a room up in the hills. Better get somethin...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Appeciation Note from the Office of General Manager -Nora Buri resort Koh Samui

Dear rrlondon44 London,

Greetings from the Sunny Island of Koh Samui and Nora Buri Resort and Spa ! for which we would like to thank you and I hope that in the meantime you reached home safely.!!

Thank you very much for your taking your time to share your experience in Trip Advisor Review and glad to know you and your wife were happy with our service provided by our Team during your recent stay at Nora Buri Resort

It is only by having this kind of information that we are able to constantly motivate our Team to maintain our Charming services. I shall take the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind words and compliments to the entire Team accordingly

Yours sincerely.

Chanupong Manachamni (Mr.)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We explored the island of Koh Samui looking for a suitable venue for our Wedding in 2013. We were blown away by the service presented to us by Michelle and the rest of the staff at Nora which all the other 5 star resorts on the island were lacking.
We stayed at the resort also to get a feel for the grounds. The whole experience was exceptional with no negative issues whatsoever. Rooms were top notch, breakfast was top notch, and even dinner at "The Barge" was top notch!
The photos speak for themselves. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for. More $ gets you the better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Appreciation message from the Office of General Manager - Nora Buri Resort Koh Samui

Dear Boss_Ricky_Tan-Sydney, Australia,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write the review and sharing your wonderful experience in Trip advisor Forum. We are glad to know you were impressed with our service and facilities provided during your recent stay at Nora Buri Resort

It is only by having this kind of Feedback that we are able to constantly motivate our Team to maintain our Samui ‘s Charming services. I shall take the greatest pleasure in passing on your kind compliment to Ms. Michelle our Magic Wedding Planner and the rest of our service Team which they are always love to hear it.

It is gratifying that our resort played some part in your Wedding and enjoyment of Koh Samui -Thailand and hope it is not too long before we welcome you and friend back to Nora Buri Resort again

Your review is most useful for world wide travelers who want to experience the finest resort in Koh Samui.

Once again, Thank you very much for the feedback and comments please let me know when you plan for the next visit as my value- repeated Guest, I remain.

Yours sincerely,

Chanupong M. Chamni

Been to Nora Buri Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!