Airport pick up service worked but the check in was a disaster. The persons checking us inn were incompetent. They keept asking for a voucher we did not have as we booked on the hotel web page. When they finally found a way to check us inn without a voucher they could not see the diffrence between my IATA ID and my creditcard i had to point out the creditcard. One of the check inn staff explained to us that they had an upgrade available wich would be better for us because we were supposed to stay 7 nights. They took us to see the room and when we said ok to the upgrade we were told that the price for the upgrade was 5000 thb ekstra pr night. They should have told us the price before we were taken to see the room it was a totally wast of time.
We did not want to pay that much more just for a bigger room. We said no and were given a regular size wichpool villa that we had booked from the start. I am sure it was the worst one thay had. The once white marble bathroomfloor was almost black with dirt the villa was right next to the naboring constructionsite. It had spider webs on the sink and in the evening when we came back to the villa the bathroomfloor was full of big black ants and other insects and there was a horrible smell of sewer in the room due to a leak under the sink. We complained and were moved the next day to a diffrent villa away from the construcktionsite and a little cleaner or so we thought from the first glimpse. But no we found a used soapbar by the wihrlpool and cigaretbutts in the outdoor shower and when we wanted to use the whirlpool and started the pumps it was full of green algae. We complained and was told that they could move us to a diffrent villa but we were not happy and asked if they would charge us the full amount for the six nights if we wanted to leave early as we fount that there had been so many problems that we didnt want to stay. They said that they would charge us the full amount that was their terms. We are not millionairs so we had to stay and it totally ruined our vaccation. When we checked out 7 days after the cigaretbutts were still there and we had to throw out the old soap bar our selfs.
My conclusion is that if we had accepted to pay the 5000 ekstra for the upgrade we probabley would have been threaded a lot better.
so 4-5 stars no way we vould not even give them 3 stars.
And be ware even thoug the hotel is 3 km from Chaweng you can hear techno music at night even thoug the aircon is on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set idyllic on a sloping hillside leading down to famous Chaweng Beach, Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas, Samui boasts 124 spacious guestrooms including suites and private pool villas. The resort’s tranquil location on Northern part of Chaweng beach is easily accessible from the airport and just less than 10 minutes away from the shopping and entertainment areas.The Southern Thai house design of the resort lends itself to a comfortable and natural feel, while the contemporary interior of the guestrooms offer sheer indulgence. All guestrooms have private balcony and modern amenities to ensure maximum comfort.For recreational facilities, the resort has 2 swimming pools, a spa with steam room and sauna facilities as well as a fitness centre.For dining options, Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui has 2 main restaurants and 2 bars. The Bay is an all-day dining restaurant perched on the hillside that serves Thai & International Cuisine. The Pearl is located on the beachside, serves Tapas, BBQ & International Cuisine. The resort ‘s Beach Bar and Mix Bar serve snacks and refreshment. In-Room dining service is available daily from 9.00 am to 10.00 pm.For conference and banquet facilities, the Bhundhari Conference room can accommodate up to 100 persons for meetings and private functions. The resort also specializes in organizing outdoor functions such as beach wedding ceremony.Make Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas your holiday destination in Koh Samui. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotel.de, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bhundhari Spa Resort And Villas Samui
- Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui Hotel Bophut
- Bhundhari Hotel Bophut
- Bhundhari Spa Resort & Villas Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand