“Great food, but expensive” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #74 of 95 restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Italian, Thai, International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Experience Koh Samui dining at its finest with OceanKiss, our all-day open-air restaurant right beside the ocean. Wake up to a fresh cup of coffee and a sumptuous buffet breakfast of Asian and Western favorites. Sit either indoors or out on the beachside deck for lunch and dinner, where an impressive a la carte menu and well stocked wine cellar have you well taken care of. Regular themed beach side buffets are available too.
Germany
“Great food, but expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The food was very delicious (both Western and Thai dishes), but it's also quite expensive. Fantastic Panna Cotta and Tiramisu.

Visited June 2013
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at OceanKiss, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear ajfal;skjf;a, (I hope I wrote your name correctly!)

Thank you very much for dining with us at OceanKiss. Reading your feedback and how much you seem having enjoyed the food I hope you agree that our decision to purchase only high quality items (at higher costs) is paying back with a wonderful dining experience.

With kind regards

90% Recommend
Chester, United Kingdom
“Overrated- disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

dined here after reading rave reviews about ocean kiss but were disappointed with the food. My lobster bisque was bland and lacked flavour, and my main course chicken breast stuffed with goats cheese was sickly as there was too much cheese and I couldn't taste the shallots and garlic it was cooked in as it was described in the menu. My main was too Nuevo cuisine with a small piece of chicken surrounded by 3 tiny square potatoes, 3 squares of overcooked corn on the cob and 3 squares of carrot. My boyfriend opted for stir fried pork which tasted like dried chilli con carne and lacked moisture and overall flavour.

We thought it was overpriced for what we received- had the meal been enjoyable the prices would have be justifiable but this wasn't the case. Aside from the food the service was good and the gentlemen who greeted us at reception and took us to the restaurant was very helpful and friendly.

We also were annoyed slightly that the waiter didn't return our change from the meal given that we had already paid a 10% service charge (for a bad meal) and thought this was a bit cheeky.

Overall a disappointment, the nicest restaurant we have dined at in koh samui so far was the farmer where the food was absolutely delicious and less expensive than ocean kiss.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A beautiful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked a table and got one overlooking the beach under the stars. Service was friendly, personal, professional and faultless. The food was delicious and the menu was varied - one warning is that spicy IS spicy. The atmosphere was magic - palm trees, fishing boats and lanterns.
It cost us 7400b for 7 including a few beers.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Beautiful location and great service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Having fantastic breakfast at this restaurant for the last couple of days, made us choose it for a late dinner one night.
We where seated close to the beach and immediately brought a mosquito coil as it was a busy night for them..( the mosquitos I mean) the service we received was impeccable and very very friendly.
First we had a salad which was very nice, served with it was a selection of rolls, bread sticks and some very nice tomato relish.
I unfortunately ordered a pizza for main, which looked great, nice and big with a nice thin crust, but everything in the middle of the pizza was soaked and wet..i still ate most of it but I had a lot better for a lot less money via pizza delivery at home.
Anyway my wife's Thai dish was very nice.
But the location of this restaurant is beautiful and worth paying a bid more.

Visited June 2013
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at OceanKiss, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Petkyte,

Thank you for sharing your compliments as well as the constructive feedback here on TripAdvisor. My sincere apology that the pizza did not meet our usual standards. I will have this reviewed with the Chef and will ensure that we have a better consistency here.

Great to hear that you still enjoyed the overall experience as well as the Thai dishes.

With best regards

Canberra
“Top notch dining, staff and moonlit paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Dear Mr Kerwin

I just wanted to express my sincere thanks and appreciation to your team at Ocean Kiss for helping me arrange an unforgettable evening for my friend's hen's party.

On explaining that it was a special occasion for our bride-to-be, Yat and his team quickly set about making all the necessary arrangements for a 5 star dining experience on the beach. Return hotel transfers were arranged for our group which was fantastic - one less thing for us to worry about.

We knew we were on to a good thing on entering the resort. What a magical setting with all the water features, fairy lights, lanterns, and tropical gardens! The treetops dining rooms were a sight to behold on the way down to the restaurant - a series of private dining rooms suspended through the canopy of trees with views over the resort and beach. That's an experience we'll have to come back for...

Unfortunately a monsoonal downpour meant we were unable to enjoy the beach setting which had been so carefully created for us by Yat and his team however, we were treated to our own exclusive dining terrace which was lit up with beautiful lanterns. The attention to detail was exceptional - we all loved the clip-on reading lamps that came with the menus. Little touches like that go along way.

The food and presentation was absolutely sensational - there was something for everyone and no one wanted their meal to end! While it wasn't expected, we also received lots of little complimentary side dishes which made us feel extra special.

Something that really impressed our group was that we all received itemised bills at the end of the night sparing us from having to split, divide and conquer one bill between us.

I am only too happy to recommend Ocean Kiss as the way to go for 5 star dining and flawless service with a smile.

I just have one special request...that you pass on our thanks and appreciation to Yat and his team for a wonderful evening and a job well done!

Kind regards

Monique Meijer

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
GeneralManagerALS, General Manager at OceanKiss, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Monique Meijer,

Thank you very much for this detailed review and the compliments you are sharing with us. I will certainly have K. Yat and his team being recognized for their efforts, even though a perfect score on TripAdvisor will make them very happy already.

Let us know should you return for another hen party and we will be happy making this happening on the beach this time.

With kind regards