The Anantara Lawana is head and shoulders above the other hotels along this stretch of beach. It is a large hotel and caters for all kinds of guests; couples, families and singletons. We stayed in a sea view villa which had it's own pool which was a great plus, but the service around the beach and pool area was also very good and attentive, although obviously a lot busier. The vast majority of guests eat out in the evening, so there is no bar scene in the evening, although the hotel always has a BBQ or something similar organised 2/3 times a week. The buffet breakfast is very generous and extensive, it's advisable to get there before 9am to get the table of your choice, the service is impeccable.
The sea is very shallow in this area, so very safe for swimming. You can take long walks along Chaweng beach from here or take a taxi into town which is about 200 baht, ie about £4. The market at Fisherman's Village on a Friday evening is a must, a crazy experience of drinking Mohitos whilst shopping!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Minor Hotel Group Limited, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand