Lovely Hotel at the north end of Chaweng. We always take time when deciding which hotels to stay at when going on holiday and this time was no exception. I am pleased to say our homework really paid off and we enjoyed every minute at this gem of resort.
We enjoyed that the hotel was in a quiet location but with the “excitement” of Chaweng just a short taxi ride away (200 Baht, agree price with driver up front). The beach area is not as good as elsewhere in Chaweng, but that did not bother us as we prefer to use the pool for swimming. The pool side loungers were close together so we preferred to use the loungers at the beach where it was less crowded.
We had a deluxe room on first floor level with a large verandah. Those at ground level seemed to have a much darker patio area and did not appeal to us. On reaching the room it was a good size, but fitted with 2 single beds, rather than a king sized. The staff seemed upset that things were not as we wanted, and this was very promptly corrected with a minimum of fuss. Lighting in the room was not that great, but a minor inconvenience.
The buffet breakfast at Ocean Kiss overlooked the sea. There was a wide choice to suit all tastes. We had lunch at the beach bar a couple of times. Nice choice of food, well cooked and presented.
The hotel staff were fantastic and very friendly, nothing was too much trouble for them. Khun Ball, who made up our room and did the turn down service, was really friendly and went out of his way to make sure things were just right for us.
We used the library for occasional use of the internet access, but that was really an excuse to get the benefit of the air con.
We never got round to making use of the kayaks – I had fancied exploring the small isle about 200 metres offshore however our guide on an organised tour of Samui told us it is teeming with king cobras, so a lucky escape…
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand