We have stayed at Anantara Lawana twice (May 2012 and Feb 2013), both for special occasions, and have only fantastic things to say! We have also visited the Bophut property and while lovely, Lawana is the one we will revisit.
From the moment you walk into the open air reception, you feel right at home, pampered, and relaxed. The design of the hotel flows down to to the pool, bar, and Chaweng Beach. You must try Treetops if you are celebrating something; the experience is as good as the food.
Honestly, the only negative I can think of is that there was some construction happening closeby on our last trip, which was a bit noisy and dusty near our room (though you have total privacy with the greenery and walls). Then again, that's not in the control of the resort.
Rooms - We have stayed in both the deluxe room and the plunge pool room, both are very comfortably appointed and kept extremely clean, neat and tidy. Every last detail is covered, down to the hand written weather reports on your bed at turndown. You can completely unwind in the privacy of your room with no need to leave if you prefer. Photos don't do the beautiful rooms and bathrooms justice.
Spa - Fantastic service and treatments. You are given ample time to relax before and after the appointment with refreshments, and every effort is made to ensure your comfort during the treatment.
Service - The people are the number one reason why we come back! So many amazing people to mention, including A (unfortunately for us, he has moved on), Kate, Sunny, and M, among many, many others. They know what you need before you do, and no request is too great or small, whether it's arranging day trips, organising rose petals baths and champagne, or finding your beach chair has been moved into the shade while you were busy having a swim!
On our second trip we were immediately recognised by most of the members of staff which made us feel right at home, all over again.
Having travelled and stayed in numerous 4-5 star hotels in Asia, I can say Anantara Lawana is hands down one of the very best. Thank you so much Lawana, and see you again soon!
Sunny & Priyanka, Sydney
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand