We had gone on a family vacation with our 2 year old son in March 2013. Although the heat was killing but the service at the resort was fabulous. Staff were very courteous, friendly and very helpful. My son learnt to speak khapunkha and khapunkhap. Since we are vegetarians food choices are limited but the chef was very good and make special dishes for us which helped to survive with a small child. Mosquitoes are a problem in a tropical resort. But it was managed. Rooms were spacious with a large bathroom and a large balcony. However, needs a bit of refurbishment as they have become old and worn out. Its located at the end of Chaweng so if you're planning to visit the market often its quite a distance.
However, we had also visited Anatara Vacation Club for their timeshare sales and the manager of the vacation club office in March 2013 (I dont remember his name but he was an Australian) was very rude and didnt know the meaning of service and because of him we chose not to avail the timeshare plan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Minor Hotel Group Limited, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand