To start off they did not collect us at the airport. When we got the taxi to the hotel other people were receiving a welcome drink and cold towel and somehow they forgot about us, in fact we were standinging around in the lobby for over 5 minutes before someone even greeted us. The girls were all just standing behind the desk. Not a good start since this was the forth hotel we had checked into and all the others had managed great to give us these things.
The room was a plunge pool room and the first thing I noticed upon entering the room was that there was animal droppings all over the balustrading around the pool and down the walls. The outdoor bathroom had bits of cobwebs and things growing in the corners and the drain off the shower was all clogging up with leaves and something white like paper. The walls are in desparate need of a clean and paint job there are yellowish marks all around the place like they had stripped off wall paper and left all the glue behind. Not to mention the lighting in the room was so poor at night time you couldn't even see yourself in the mirror. I can go on and on really and this is the first time I have ever complained on this site. I just think People should know the standard in this hotel is more like a 3 star. Certainly not what I would expect from an anantara hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Resort And Spa Koh Samui/Chaweng, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Tablet Hotels, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.