I recently stayed at the Anantara Lawana with my husband & his sister & brother in law to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary & their 30th & we had a wonderful time.
The staff were absolutely lovely, always polite, helpful & very smiley. The food was very good, a wide choice for breakfast, all freshly cooked.
We also ate at the Treetops Restaurant which was amazing & the Ocean Kiss Restaurant which has a lovely atmosphere & great view to go with the good food. At the Ocean Kiss we had a complimentary set dinner which was great accept that there were no choices, it was completely set & my husband & I do not eat red meat, so not the best option for us, my in laws ate the beef dishes, but if you had been a vegetarian, or we had been on our own, some of it would have gone to waste which would have been a real shame for such good food. It was complimentary though so we can't complain & the quality of the food that we did eat was exceptional.
The rooms are beautiful, we had a standard room which was big, clean & very nicely decorated. The bed was adorned with towel animals & flowers most days, with a special effort on our anniversary. You also get a weather report on a leaf when they turn down the bed at night. There is a big bathroom & a lovely balcony with day bed to lounge on. I could have stayed here for months, it was heaven !
The pool is stunning, very clean with plenty of sun beds here & on the beach & the pool staff are brilliant, you get a cold towel on arrival, they set your beds out for you & they bring frozen fruit at about 11am & fruit kebabs in the afternoon.
The gym is clean & well equipt, all in working order & there is a spa & library which we didn't use but both looked very good.
Overall, a great hotel, great staff & exceptional service.
I was worried that this would be too near busy Chaweng Beach, but it's right up the end of the road, a 20 minute walk or so down to the main town, so far enough away for perfect peace, but close enough to the action when you wanted it. It's also not too far in a taxi to Fisherman's Villiage, which is well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand