We just came back from 11 nights here as part of our honeymoon. We upgraded to a pool room which is recommended, the pool is bigger than expected and in its own private garden with terrace area. All pool rooms have another room above them, who have a balcony instead of a pool. I don't know if we were unlucky to be underneath a herd of elephants but every single noise travelled down to our room, also there are no full length mirrors at all in the room?
There are 2 restaurants in the hotel- Tree Tops and Ocean Kiss.Tree Tops serves dinner only in 2 sittings- 6pm and 9pm. It's a fantastic restaurant, a unique experience eating high up on platforms in the trees. To be honest this is not the type of place you eat every night, it cost us about £140 for a 3 course meal for 2 not including wine.
Ocean Kiss is where the buffet breakfast is served (great international selection) and lunch and dinner. They have either a Thai or Italian menu. As part of our package we had free 3 course dinner including wine which is nice. On a few occasions they had BBQ's on the beach, or buffet and fire show on the beach. We went to one of these and it was a nice atmosphere. It cost £26 for the buffet per person, not inc. drinks
Pool Bar- when you are at the main pool you can order pool snacks and drinks. To be honest the prices were a bit steep- a Coke for example was 95 BHT plus 10% service and 7% tax which is about £2.50. There is a 7/11 convenience shop directly opposite the hotel entrance where a Coke costs 12 BHT (25P).
Recommended places to eat in Chaweng- Eat Sense and Spirit House are great restaurants.
Location- The hotel is in a great location, close enough to the action at Chaweng Beach but far enough away to be tranquil. You can get a taxi from outside the hotel or a tuk tuk which is much cheaper. You can walk to the centre is about 25 minutes.
We went on a few trips, the whole day safari/ temple visiting was good. The other was the day trip by speedboat to Anthong National Park which had some spectacular views.
Service- everyone at the hotel was really helpful and friendly. Special mention to the young French man at the front desk who helped us on more than one occasion with bookings and taxis. Also the front of house lady at Ocean Kiss who remembered us everyday.
Overall I would recommend this hotel- but perhaps not for a honeymoon simply because there are families at the hotel and quite a few children.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Tingo, EasyToBook, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.