Recently returned from a 6 night stay at the Anantara Lawana, overall the stay was very good. The pool and the resort are well laid out and spacious enough to feel secluded and relaxing. The hotel is well located as it is far enough away from the main strip of Chaweng to be peaceful but near enough to go in of an evening or wander to down the beach during the day. There are shops, spas and a laundry all over the road from the hotel and more with in metres in either direction. The main strip is 5 minutes away in a taxi -best to get the open bus taxis rather than the ones that hang around outside as they are cheaper.
We thought the choice and amount of sun loungers was good. We spent time by both the pool and the beach. The pool is large and even with other guests in it feels spacious and uncrowded.
The breakfast everyday is lovely, with a lot of choice both local and international. I totally reccomend the iced coconut latte and the crispy bacon. We also ate lunch at the hotel and the food was good quality with lots of choice on the menu. We ate out in the evening as it was nice to get out and the prices on the main beach and the restaurants in the town are significantly cheaper.
We upgraded to the plunge pool room when we arrived but having seen the normal room on our last day almost wished we hadn't. The plunge pool was small and too cold to really sit and chill in so the only time it is good is after a gym work out or run to cool down. The room also has an open air shower and bathroom which has lots of creatures flying in and out and due to the open air layout led to there being alot of mosquitos in the room (this is not the hotels fault as they provided two plugs and spray and also sprayed the whole resort and room while we were there) not being ones for nature we really didn't like that aspect and would have probably been happier in the normal room. The plunge pool also takes up alot of space and so the room is much smaller than a normal room. The normal room has an enclosed bathroom and a bath too.
The staff in the hotel are all very friendly and helpful and the service is excellent. The cleaning at the hotel is of a very high standard amoung the best I have experienced. Our room was cleaned twice a day and they even lit the citronalla sticks that we bought ourselves every afternoon.
We also tried the free yoga in the morning and which suit all levels including beginners it is an early start 7am but a good way to start the day - it is on 3 days a week on a decking over looking the sea. In addition the gym is open 24 hours and is adequate for a holiday work out.
Overall my experience of the hotel was very positive and we had a relaxing stay there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Minor Hotel Group Limited, Splendia, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand