My husband & I have just returned from a fantastic 5 nights at Anantara Lawana. We booked a garden villa with plunge pool but on arrival requested the availability of a Sea view villa with plunge pool. We were advised of the extra cost . The staff member "Took" let us view the villa & without even thinking about the extra cost took the upgrade offer.
It was perfect for us. Total privacy, sea views. quiet & peaceful. The room suited us perfectly. We were not bothered by mosquitos due to the effiecient staff burning coils in our rooms for us. The out door area with the private plunge pool was well used every day. We requested on our last night & BBQ to our villa as we wanted to treat some guests to a Seafood BBQ & the staff, headed by the Food & Beverage manager went out of their way to help us do so. Our guests were amazed by the staff as well.
We have spent the 7 nights prior to this @ a resort closer to the main town beach in Chaewang with a group of friends, which was so much busier (heaps of hawkers on the beach & fireworks being let of late at night) so we were grateful for the peace & quiet at Anantara for the last 5 nights. Still only a short distance back to down town on the beach (Keep in mind the tide coming in at night if you have been to the beach bars & plan to walk back) .
We did not use the Spa at the resort as we could get a great massage from those downtown for really good prices.
We ate out at various beach restaurants & also those in town. All had great food & the variety is really amazing. Our best & cheapest meal was at a little place that had plastic tables & chairs. Heaps of people so we knew the turnover of food would be good.
We ate from the beach vendors - BBQ Corn cobs & fresh pineapple we great.
Went Scuba diving out to Koh Tao & Sail Rock & would highly recommend the Padi Dive centre @ Amari Palm Reef Resort.
Overall I have to rate Anantara really well. Every visitor will have their good & bad reviews & I took this on board when making the decision to stay here after reading most reviews on Trip Advisor.This was our second visit to Koh Samui & we very happy with our choice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand