We stayed here for four absolutely wonderful days in July 2011.
First impressions were excellent - the lobby looks very nice indeed - in fact, the resort in its entirety is very well kept. The room was extremely comfortable, although the shower was rather lacking in power. However, the huge bath next to it was a joy to bathe in.
The swimming pool is huge, and really is gorgeous. It's very much a leisure pool - too shallow to dive into, which is forbidden anyway but great for a quick swim or just standing in and watching the beach or your fellow guests. The rules are supposedly no glass in the pool area, but we saw plenty of people cheerfully drinking cocktails and beers in the pool. Anyway, the pool is probably the best thing about staying here.
The beach is quite nice, although it is more attractive if you go in the water up and then paddle to the stretch in front of the adjacent hotel. The sea was beautifully warm at this time of year, and it is shallow a long way out. It was really pleasant to go back and forth between the pool and the sea.
Breakfast is absolutely excellent, with usual English breakfast fare as well as Thai food and an egg cooking station. Definitely best is the wonderful range of exotic (to me) fruits and fruit juices - the former are cut up by the staff for you.
I felt that the staff were particularly pleasant. Needless-to-say, pleasant, smiling staff are expected at the top end of the hotel industry, but I thought the staff here went beyond that. No matter what their job was, every time I passed a staff member they had a smile and a Sawasdee Krup / Kaa. Can't commend their attitude enough.
Problems? Well, as mentioned earlier, the shower in the room was more a trickle than a shower. The room lighting never makes the room particularly light. Perhaps they were trying to help us set a romantic atmosphere. And when we ordered room service, the waiter didn't know what dish I wanted and had to come to the room to have a look at the menu, although that made me chuckle rather than annoyed me. The room service was, by the way, delicious and surprisingly cheap.
My wife had a spa treatment, and speaks very highly of it.
Definitely worthy of a stay if you are looking for a nice resort in Ko Samui.
One last point - we were not troubled by mosquitoes at all, thanks to the mosquito coils which where changed daily by the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand