The hotel is located not in the center of Samui however it is only a few minutes drive away from the center. There are millions of taxi-like transportation which will bring you to the center for about 30 baht pp. The hotel is also quite close to the airport but we didnt know this and have arranged a taxi pick up from the hotel anyways. On the way back, the taxi ride was for free...a nice gesture from the hotel.
The price includes an open buffet breakfast. The breakfast was very nice. You can find European and Asian breakfast. From Asian soups to European pastry and cheese, it was a decent buffet. It is good to have not only Asian stuff.
Else than that, we had lunch at the hotel a couple of times: good food, limited choice on the menu! However, very expensive compared to the very nice restaurants that are 1-2 minutes walking distance to the hotel and which offer delicious food for half (or less) the price. We never dined at the hotel, because we found this superb restaurant called Among (highly recommended) and dined there most of the time!
Staff are polite and friendly. They speak a basic English however sometimes it is not enough. There were a few times we encountered misunderstandings however minor issue.
Expensive but must try at least once! Beautifully decorated massage center.
Pool & Bar:
Drinks are great! Infinity pool is nice. Nothing special though.
We stayed in one of those pricey pool villas. The only thing I can say is that it is very beaitiful and comfortable in the room. Maybe the one point for improvement could be the ever attacking mosquitos: I have been bitten so many times and after half a year I still have the mark of the bite! So for people who are not Asian, this kind of protection could be crucial! I dont even mention about the neatness of the villa!
Anyway, the room was so beautiful and comfortable as well as the hotel, we prolonged our 3 days of reservation after arrival at the hotel. It is by far the most expensive hotel that I've stayed at but it is worth the experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the quiet, pristine northern end of Chaweng Beach, Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa offers peerless luxury Koh Samui accommodation just steps away from the ocean. Watch the sun rise over Samui’s palm forested coastline. Recline in rooms and suites inspired by the island’s original Chinese merchant settlers. Experience the perfect romantic dinner for two in a setting of your choice, accompanied by the freshest international cuisine.With room sizes starting at 61 square metres, Anantara Lawana Resort & Spa provides leading island resort accommodation. From the luxuriously appointed rooms and spacious Koh Samui pool villas to the resort’s communal facilities and restaurants, each guest is treated to the finest in services and amenities. Take a dip in the beachside infinity edge pool, dine in our treehouse restaurant overlooking the bay, or keep in touch with friends back home thanks to free Wi-Fi throughout the resort.While Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort & Spa’s location is quiet and tranquil, the buzz and excitement of Chaweng Beach lie just around the corner, with an array of international restaurants and local shops to take care of your every need. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Lawana Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Lawana Hotel Chaweng
- Lawana Hotel Bophut
- Lawana Resort Bophut
- Anantara Lawana Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand