“Good price, nice people” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Overton Hill, Frodsham WA6 6HH, England   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Frodsham

317 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Had a repeat visit on a short break between Christmas and New Year. First class service, great facilities and food, will return. The hotel has great leisure facilities with good value snacks available.

Room Tip: We had a room with a fantastic view overlooking the river estuary but all rooms are fine.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Foresthillshotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Phil F

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your short break with us, 'First Class Service, Great Facilities and Food'. It will be my pleasure to pass on your kind and positive comments to all the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

We Look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future, take a look at our website for the many planned events and promotions taking place through out 2014.

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife, her parents and myself spent Christmas at this hotel this year.The hotel was very good, the service was excellent as was for food. The Christmas decorations were good, especially the unusual upside down tree hanging from the glass domed roof in the foyer. Staff could not do enough to help us and were always happy and friendly. The maître d' in the main restaurant was such a lovely guy and the house keeping staff were great.

The only minor niggle was the Wi-Fi which, to be honest, was hopeless, with a download speed of less than 1 Mbps which basically means you barely check email and this was in the foyer and the further away you got, the worse it was.

Despite this, we still thoroughly enjoyed out stay and would recommend the hotel to family and friends. We hope to return in the future. Happy New Year to all at Forest Hills.

Room Tip: Disabled rooms are very well laid out and include wet room and emergency attention cords.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jamie I

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your Christmas Break with us, and it will be my pleasure to pass on your kind and positive comments to all the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

We Look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year, take a look at our website for the many planned events and promotions taking place through out 2014.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the room when I stayed on business recently. Compared to other hotels I stayed in on my trip it was far superior at a similar cost. I look forward to staying again both on business and with my family,

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Foresthillshotel, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Forest Hills Hotel, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Michael

Thank you for posting your recent review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you believe us to be great value and far superior to other hotels that you have stayed in on your recent business trip and that you had a great room.

I will pass on your kind comments to all the team here at the Best Western Forest Hills Hotel.

We have many planned events and promotions that take place through out the year take a look at our website I'm sure we have something that all the family will enjoy.

Have a wonderful Christmas and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2014.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by my company for a one night stay. I had asked for the local Holiday Inn but I assume this was a better rate.
The hotel sits on top of a hill above Frodsham with views out over the Wirral. The access road is quite narrow and steep so I hope they have a good gritting plan for the winter. Initial view was quite nice, a modern looking front and well presented. The reception was friendly, free wi-fi was an unexpected bonus so all looked well.
I had been allocated a family room for some reason so plenty of space available with 2 single beds and a small double to choose from. Decor was fine and the room was clean. No climate control available which was surprising, just a manually controlled radiator.
The 17" TV is far too small for a room of that size but it did the job.
The bathroom - what can I say? The suite is straight out of the 70's and looked very dated and tired. Who decided on the colour of peach needs shooting! The sink had a large crack in it which didn't add to the charm and the mixer tap on the sink was very hard to get to an acceptable temperature. Either too hot (and the water is very hot) or too cold..
The shower was fine with a strong water flow so I'm happy with that bit!
The restaurant - I was seated quickly but it took a little too long for my order to be taken. The menu was a little short on choice and a bit too fancy for me. Bring in some more basic fare please.
Having ordered a starter of bread and olives, I waited for 15 minutes before having to ask where it was. How long can that take to organise?
It was nice though and I was enjoying it up to the point where the waiter turned up with my main and took my starter away without it being finished or even asking if I had finished with it!!
I was too shocked to bother calling him back.
The chicken main was OK but a little bland and the ratatouille was a bit watery.
I found the restaurant was very draughty and a bit cold but the hotel location on the hill probably explains this. Perhaps some draught excluder would help?
Breakfast was OK but sausages are average cheaper ones and the bacon was a bit pale for me.
There is a gym and a pool available which I assume are open to guests as well as members but I didn't get the chance to use these.
So overall, the restaurant and the bathroom suite let this hotel down and to be honest, I wouldn't want to stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Nigel H

Thank you for posting your precise and thorough review on Trip Advisor.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked or disliked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes in the future.

Yours sincerely

Kieran McCabe

Been to BEST WESTERN Forest Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!