“Valantine day suprise” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Widnes, England, United Kingdom
“Valantine day suprise”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I went that restourant years ago on a normal day . Everything was fantastic . I like that restourant . But I went there on valatines day . First of all when I made a booking they didn't tell me it is a set menu and price . I went there for their normal day to day food . As soon as we arrived there they put their starter . I thought it was a complementary food for valantines day but it was part if the deal . The food was cold and very small portions . We couldn't order any other food :( .
Very disappointed . I always like Italian food and restourant but this one was terrible .

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Good food. Terrible service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We went for a meal on valentines day. We booked in for 8pm and the restaurant was 1/2 full. We spoke to the waitress who sat us in some very trendy spinning chairs. The restaurant is up a flight of stairs but on entering its fresh and welcoming. The tables are well spaced so your not sat on the next tables knee !. We had the valentines day set menu for 29.99. Champagne and canapés were served at the table. These were a slice of toasted baguette with tomato onion with balsamic. They were burnt black on the edges but very nice tasting. A couple each would have been nicer rather than just one. Starter was two fish dishes or tomato and pepper soup. We dont eat fish so soup it was! However the soup proved a good decision as it was delicious. Main courses were fish, duck or two beef dishes. My wife doesn't eat duck or fish and isn't a fan of beef. So we asked what the vegetarian option was. The waitress replied it's the ravioli . After I told her it had beef in it she asked if I was sure ?!?! On pointing it out on the menu she wandered off. She came back minutes later with. "It's the pasta and he will put some kind of cheese sauce on it instead." I see that was a well planned dish. They obviously don't get a question like that in there very often. We settled on the two beef dishes as there wasn't a great deal of choice, however they were both fantastic and the chef did an excellent job. Although The fondant potatoes did look rather dodgy. Maybe shorter in height and wider as opposed to a sad looking lonely half cooked semi barrelled roast potato !! The cheesecake for dessert was gritty and very dry however my wife's chocolate fondant was very tasty.all the meals were well presented on huge white plates . Overall the food was very nice and with a few tweeks would be superb..... But ....... Oh the service... It Was derisory we ordered our first drinks at the table and they put the wrong spirit in. We asked for a it to be changed and they brought new drinks but we still got charged for the wrong one that my wife didn't drink and was taken away by the waiter !!!! No one ever checked our table to see if everything was in order. We had to ask twice to order drinks and we saw people leaving other tables to queue at the bar for drinks/ wine lists etc. this is a basic waitering skilled if you See empty glasses, ask if you want full ones !!! we were served our champagne on a tray and was very nice but come forty mins later the long haired waiter had given up with that and we saw him man handling four glasses with his hands all the sides almost spilling them everywhere. A tray is so much more professional. The chef was constantly asking them to take meals out and I would have been annoyed if it was my own restaurant as they could have made so much more cash on pushing wine lists or more drinks with meals etc. they had trouble managing tables and overall it lacked a degree of professionalism that is required to make things run smoothly. Having read previous reviews they appear to be generally quite quiet and they clearly couldn't cope with a busy restaurant ( despite there always being three of four tables empty at a time so they
certainly weren't full. ) the website they have is also so bad it's worth a mention. It's of poor quality design and out of date . It still has the Christmas opening hours etc !!!!!! Come on people it's valentines day in February !!!! Despite my moans we will go again as it was overall a very nice evening and it will be nice to try the full menu rather than a set one. They have the opportunity there to be the best restaurant in frodsham if not the Cheshire area. But they are not living up
to there potential yet.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chester, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I have eaten here a few times now including when we hired it for a group of about 40.

The food is Italian and completely delicious. I haven't had a bad experience yet. They also have a Sunday set menu which is £10 for 2 courses or £13 for three courses. This is excellent value for money as the portions are still very generous and both times I've had this the place has been nearly empty. Where is everyone?! You're missing out!

Keep up the good work. Think I might head back there tomorrow...

• Visited January 2014
Cheshire
“Good food, great value, smashing atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have eaten here a couple of times. Lunch and evening.

The pasta dishes are superb. Decent sized portions too. Friendly staff and efficient service. Good atmosphere upstairs and downstairs.

Look out for lunch/early evening deals.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Ate here early evening and noticed we were the only ones dinning! Was a worry at first but was not warrented as the service and food were as good as iv had anywhere! The waiter couldnt have been more helpfull and our 2yr old sons needs were no trouble for them at all! I had the fillet steak which was a bit nervous ordering as im very fussy! It was cooked perfectly and the sauce was fab!! Were are not local to the area but we are here for a week and will be dinning here again before we go home!! Would recommend as visit if you get the chance!!

• Visited November 2013