“Amazing Barefoot Villas in Costa Rica” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barefoot Vacation Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Ocotal
Barefoot Vacation Villas
You added Barefoot Vacation Villas to your Saves list
Playa Ocotal Costa Rica | Ocotal Pacific Ocean Costa Rica, Playa Ocotal 76049, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Playa Ocotal B&B and Inns
Houston
“Amazing Barefoot Villas in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Barefoot Villas in Costa Rica are above and beyond any vacation I have experienced. We had a large group of 30 to 35 guests ranging in age from from 3 babies under 1 year to 60ish. This included children, teenagers, single and married young adults and a few grandparents. Guillermo and the staff were incredible in that they arranged all the food, tours, transportation and handled all the payments. It was like having your own personal concierge. I have never had such an easy trip and with such a variety of babies, children and adults that was nothing short of miraculous. We were able to kick back and enjoy Costa Rica without worrying about anything. The villa was beautiful and the food was divine but its the staff that makes everything so personal. I wish I could take a Barefoot Villa and staff everywhere we travel. Thanks all of you!!!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have traveled the world and I have stayed in 6 star accommodations, eaten at the finest restaurants around the world, and seen some amazing sights. I have to say vacationing at Barefoot Vacation Villas in COSTA RICA is one of my absolute favorites. Its a stress free vacation. You get off of the plane and the villa staff are waiting for you and take your bags as you load into the air conditioned van. Its a short ride to the villa where you are greeted by the most amazing Costa Rican people you have ever met. All the drinks you could want, the BEST FOOD of any where I have been, and a staff ready to help and wait on you hand and foot! Not one of us has ever become ill because of the food or water (I always get sick when traveling in MEXICO). We like to eat and this villa will outdo any restaurant. We have been over and over and over because this villa has excellent service, great food, its safe in a gated community and a low crime country, and it has so much fun to offer couples and families. If you like adventure they offer excursions daily. Some are heart pounding and some are more relaxing, depending on what you are looking for in your vacation. EVEN my five year old son horse back rode, sailed the ocean, went down an unbelievable water slide, took a mud bath, played in the hot springs, four wheeled thru the country side, AND yes he a 5 year old zip lined thru the Costa Rican Jungle! I have a family of 6 and they beg for our vacation to be at Villa Cascada each year. They know the staff by name. The villa offers special night events for your group if you choose to book those as well- such as magicians, party dj's, karaoke, etc! My youngest son could not stop talking about all the chocolate milkshakes from Ronald (the villa bartender)! He was looking forward to seeing Ronald and drinking milkshakes, and once again the villa did not disappoint. They have had the same staff every year we have gone, which I believe says so much for the owners. Plus its like going back and visiting your international friends each and every year! This is our #1 pick for a vacation destination! Already choosing our date for Villa Cascada in 2014

Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

AMAZING, FUN,FABULOUS !!!!
Best trip ever....traveled with six other couples to the all inclusive "Villa Cascada" in Costa Rica for the second time in less than 2 years. The staff was amazing,taking care of our every want or need. Our hat is off to the chef ... food was amazing. Excursions were great, my favorite being the sail boat and beach barbque. AWSOME , AWSOME TRIP ;)

Room Tip: We chose the room at the end of the villa where we could watch the monkeys from our balcony!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our party of 6 stayed in one of the smaller villa's. It was a 4 bedroom 2 story piece of heaven. Our bartender Norvin and our cook Isabel went out of their way everyday that we were there to make our experience truly memorable. We took advantage of the many excursions that you can book through the resort. Congo Zip lining, sailing on the Seabird and the Palo Verde boat trip were all amazing and very well priced for the value. I would highly recommend this location for families, weddings and just down right relaxing. We will be repeat customers.

Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dinners were wonderful, drinks were awesome, views were beautiful! I'm in a wheelchair and am always hesitant to travel to foreign countries, but Villa Cascada was extremely accessible. I would love to go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cleburne, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My first visit to Villa Cascada was in 2005 with 16 other friends. It was here, I first visited the rain forest by zip line. Scarey, but an experience I will never forget. We visited the steaming volcano site and played in the mud baths after visiting a fascinating waterfall. My favorite part of this trip was our visit to a private island, where we fished and snorkeled.We had a picnic and saw tracks of sea turtles. Others played golf, went shopping, and deep sea fishing, but on those days, I chose to stay by the pool and hot tubs and enjoy massages.
That trip was so much fun, we went again, in 2008, with 12 companions who had never made the trip. This time, I stayed closer to home ( the villa) most of the week. We did get to visit another private island, this one filled with lots of colorful crabs! We visited the little town of Coco Beach, took long morning hikes viewing exquisite flora and fauna. The guys had successful fishing trips where they all caught huge rooster fish. I enjoyed more hot tubbing, pool time, massages and spent one afternoon in fierce water volleyball competition.
Not tired of Villa Cascada, my husband and I returned with 20 guests in 2011. 10 of the 12 of us, were repeat visitors. This trip, we sailed on a Pirate ship to another secluded beach and took school supplies to local school children. Everyday was filled with morning walks and afternoon water volleyball games.
The various excursions are a great way to see this part of Costa Rica but the best part of visiting Villa Cascada is, . . . Villa Cascada! The villa is pristine with fabulous views. The private rooms and baths make you feel you are on your trip alone, and the group meals give you the feeling you are with family. The food, drink, and service by the staff are impeccable. The sunsets are a lifetime memory. Each trip is celebrated with one night of a festive band and never a night goes by without a do or die shuffle board game.
I am going back for my next visit as soon as I can!

Room Tip: I like the downstairs rooms for easy accessibility.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Awesome place ! Went for my daughter's wedding. 25 guest in Villa Cascada and 12 in another villa. From the moment of arrival we were completely pampered ! We also did several excursions thru the villa and these were fantastic. Words cannot express the enjoyment of this trip and cannot wait to go back. GREAT DESTINATION WEDDING location !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Barefoot Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!