“Fun In The Sun!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barefoot Vacation Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Ocotal
Barefoot Vacation Villas
Playa Ocotal Costa Rica | Ocotal Pacific Ocean Costa Rica, Playa Ocotal 76049, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Playa Ocotal B&B and Inns
Arlington, Texas
“Fun In The Sun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

AMAZING, FUN,FABULOUS !!!!
Best trip ever....traveled with six other couples to the all inclusive "Villa Cascada" in Costa Rica for the second time in less than 2 years. The staff was amazing,taking care of our every want or need. Our hat is off to the chef ... food was amazing. Excursions were great, my favorite being the sail boat and beach barbque. AWSOME , AWSOME TRIP ;)

Room Tip: We chose the room at the end of the villa where we could watch the monkeys from our balcony!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our party of 6 stayed in one of the smaller villa's. It was a 4 bedroom 2 story piece of heaven. Our bartender Norvin and our cook Isabel went out of their way everyday that we were there to make our experience truly memorable. We took advantage of the many excursions that you can book through the resort. Congo Zip lining, sailing on the Seabird and the Palo Verde boat trip were all amazing and very well priced for the value. I would highly recommend this location for families, weddings and just down right relaxing. We will be repeat customers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dinners were wonderful, drinks were awesome, views were beautiful! I'm in a wheelchair and am always hesitant to travel to foreign countries, but Villa Cascada was extremely accessible. I would love to go back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Cleburne, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My first visit to Villa Cascada was in 2005 with 16 other friends. It was here, I first visited the rain forest by zip line. Scarey, but an experience I will never forget. We visited the steaming volcano site and played in the mud baths after visiting a fascinating waterfall. My favorite part of this trip was our visit to a private island, where we fished and snorkeled.We had a picnic and saw tracks of sea turtles. Others played golf, went shopping, and deep sea fishing, but on those days, I chose to stay by the pool and hot tubs and enjoy massages.
That trip was so much fun, we went again, in 2008, with 12 companions who had never made the trip. This time, I stayed closer to home ( the villa) most of the week. We did get to visit another private island, this one filled with lots of colorful crabs! We visited the little town of Coco Beach, took long morning hikes viewing exquisite flora and fauna. The guys had successful fishing trips where they all caught huge rooster fish. I enjoyed more hot tubbing, pool time, massages and spent one afternoon in fierce water volleyball competition.
Not tired of Villa Cascada, my husband and I returned with 20 guests in 2011. 10 of the 12 of us, were repeat visitors. This trip, we sailed on a Pirate ship to another secluded beach and took school supplies to local school children. Everyday was filled with morning walks and afternoon water volleyball games.
The various excursions are a great way to see this part of Costa Rica but the best part of visiting Villa Cascada is, . . . Villa Cascada! The villa is pristine with fabulous views. The private rooms and baths make you feel you are on your trip alone, and the group meals give you the feeling you are with family. The food, drink, and service by the staff are impeccable. The sunsets are a lifetime memory. Each trip is celebrated with one night of a festive band and never a night goes by without a do or die shuffle board game.
I am going back for my next visit as soon as I can!

Room Tip: I like the downstairs rooms for easy accessibility.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Awesome place ! Went for my daughter's wedding. 25 guest in Villa Cascada and 12 in another villa. From the moment of arrival we were completely pampered ! We also did several excursions thru the villa and these were fantastic. Words cannot express the enjoyment of this trip and cannot wait to go back. GREAT DESTINATION WEDDING location !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

What a place! The whole experience was so positive and easy. From contacting Barefoot Vacation Villas and working through the process of scheduling 12 people from four different states, Pam and Doris made it so easy and accommodated everyone's needs. After arriving in Costa Rica, we were met with equally caring and friendly staff and even got to meet Pam the next evening. The Villa is gorgeous! The view is something else. We all loved our rooms. All 12 of us shared meals in the great dining room up high. We appreciated the fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables - our meals were so tasty. The staff really went the extra mile to meet our needs, even sensing we needed a little later breakfast time and lunch! We spent a lot of time under the palapa reading, conversing and enjoying great beverages. Water volleyball was the favorite in the pool. Bringing in the masseuse was the most special. Three of us were celebrating BIG birthdays and enjoyed the massages. Also, how cool was it having our own band! They played for us in the dining room and I even got to sing. Thank you Pam and Doris!!! I can't wait to return and hope my daughter is still planning on having her destination wedding there.
Deb from California

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been several times to Villa Cascada and have also stayed at Villa Ocotal and Villa Estrella del Mar. These are the most beautiful, clean and well-managed villas! The villas are just a 10 minute walk from the beach and the view from the mountainside is gorgeous! The staff makes you feel like royalty! They are so friendly and cater to all your needs! Wow, you will not regret going to these villas! The Costa Ricans are some of the happiest and friendliest people. You will absolutely love your stay! I can't wait to go back this summer!!

Room Tip: 2nd story rooms are quieter and have an even better view. 1st story rooms are also great because it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Barefoot Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!