“Best Vacation EVER!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barefoot Vacation Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Playa Ocotal
Barefoot Vacation Villas
Save Saved
You added Barefoot Vacation Villas to your Saves list
Playa Ocotal Costa Rica | Ocotal Pacific Ocean Costa Rica, Playa Ocotal 76049, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Playa Ocotal B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas, United States
“Best Vacation EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Dinners were wonderful, drinks were awesome, views were beautiful! I'm in a wheelchair and am always hesitant to travel to foreign countries, but Villa Cascada was extremely accessible. I would love to go back!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cleburne, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My first visit to Villa Cascada was in 2005 with 16 other friends. It was here, I first visited the rain forest by zip line. Scarey, but an experience I will never forget. We visited the steaming volcano site and played in the mud baths after visiting a fascinating waterfall. My favorite part of this trip was our visit to a private island, where we fished and snorkeled.We had a picnic and saw tracks of sea turtles. Others played golf, went shopping, and deep sea fishing, but on those days, I chose to stay by the pool and hot tubs and enjoy massages.
That trip was so much fun, we went again, in 2008, with 12 companions who had never made the trip. This time, I stayed closer to home ( the villa) most of the week. We did get to visit another private island, this one filled with lots of colorful crabs! We visited the little town of Coco Beach, took long morning hikes viewing exquisite flora and fauna. The guys had successful fishing trips where they all caught huge rooster fish. I enjoyed more hot tubbing, pool time, massages and spent one afternoon in fierce water volleyball competition.
Not tired of Villa Cascada, my husband and I returned with 20 guests in 2011. 10 of the 12 of us, were repeat visitors. This trip, we sailed on a Pirate ship to another secluded beach and took school supplies to local school children. Everyday was filled with morning walks and afternoon water volleyball games.
The various excursions are a great way to see this part of Costa Rica but the best part of visiting Villa Cascada is, . . . Villa Cascada! The villa is pristine with fabulous views. The private rooms and baths make you feel you are on your trip alone, and the group meals give you the feeling you are with family. The food, drink, and service by the staff are impeccable. The sunsets are a lifetime memory. Each trip is celebrated with one night of a festive band and never a night goes by without a do or die shuffle board game.
I am going back for my next visit as soon as I can!

Room Tip: I like the downstairs rooms for easy accessibility.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Awesome place ! Went for my daughter's wedding. 25 guest in Villa Cascada and 12 in another villa. From the moment of arrival we were completely pampered ! We also did several excursions thru the villa and these were fantastic. Words cannot express the enjoyment of this trip and cannot wait to go back. GREAT DESTINATION WEDDING location !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

What a place! The whole experience was so positive and easy. From contacting Barefoot Vacation Villas and working through the process of scheduling 12 people from four different states, Pam and Doris made it so easy and accommodated everyone's needs. After arriving in Costa Rica, we were met with equally caring and friendly staff and even got to meet Pam the next evening. The Villa is gorgeous! The view is something else. We all loved our rooms. All 12 of us shared meals in the great dining room up high. We appreciated the fresh, seasonal fruits and vegetables - our meals were so tasty. The staff really went the extra mile to meet our needs, even sensing we needed a little later breakfast time and lunch! We spent a lot of time under the palapa reading, conversing and enjoying great beverages. Water volleyball was the favorite in the pool. Bringing in the masseuse was the most special. Three of us were celebrating BIG birthdays and enjoyed the massages. Also, how cool was it having our own band! They played for us in the dining room and I even got to sing. Thank you Pam and Doris!!! I can't wait to return and hope my daughter is still planning on having her destination wedding there.
Deb from California

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have been several times to Villa Cascada and have also stayed at Villa Ocotal and Villa Estrella del Mar. These are the most beautiful, clean and well-managed villas! The villas are just a 10 minute walk from the beach and the view from the mountainside is gorgeous! The staff makes you feel like royalty! They are so friendly and cater to all your needs! Wow, you will not regret going to these villas! The Costa Ricans are some of the happiest and friendliest people. You will absolutely love your stay! I can't wait to go back this summer!!

Room Tip: 2nd story rooms are quieter and have an even better view. 1st story rooms are also great because it...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Where do I start?!?! Barefoot Villa was the chosen destination for our wedding. We had 25 people including the two of us, we rented Villa Cascada, their largest villa with 16 rooms. Everyone one of us left there saying we couldn't imagine a better vacation. I couldn't have dreamed a better wedding, it was stress free and magical. The staff took care of everything and had the wedding process down pat. The caravan from the airport was prompt and very helpful. The accommodations were amazing, very clean, AC worked great. Each room had a mesh bag to put your laundry in and drop down a shoot to be washed, folded and returned to your room every day. The food was amazing, a great mix of the local cuisine and some American to sprinkle in the familiar. The drinks were always cold and readily available. The staff was very friendly and on top of their game. My mom and I talk all the time that we would love to come back to one of their smaller properties and just have a vacation. The location was less than 5 minute walk to a local beach and a short taxi ride to town for a little shopping and the touristy beach. It was amazing, no better word to describe it.Thank you so much Barefoot Vacation Villas

Room Tip: come ready for fun, good food and relaxation. this place is amazing, the rest of the trip is what y...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I love to close my eyes and picture my trip to Villa Cascada. Starting my day with the beautiful view of the mountains, ocean & pool, walking down for a delicious cup of coffee and my favorite part of the day - the smiles from the staff/my new friends!! Not only do they make you feel special, they are professional, funny, courteous & helpful and I can hardly wait to see them again.

From the moment we landed, until Arturo took us back a week later, everything was PERFECT. The Villa is gorgeous, food absolutely delicious, and the activities off the charts. The staff makes this vacation flawless!!

My least favorite part of a vacation is the planning and sitting in front of the computer for hours trying to decide on activities, where to stay, how to get there, etc. You never have any idea before you arrive if the web site exaggerates or is accurate. Not here!

While enjoying cocktails with friends at Cascada, Guillermo listened to the activities we wanted to participate in, and took care of ALL the details for us. Completely stress free!!! Our list included massages, the Congo Zip Line, driving ATVs to a waterfall, sailing & snorkeling on the Don Vasco, and kayaking the river! The only thing we had to do was be ready when Guillermo told us the driver would arrive for each days activity! Every person we met while enjoying our excursions were over the top helpful and insured that each guest had an exciting adventure!

Thanks for the conversations with Freddy (and the coconuts), delicious drinks and meal service from Ronaldo & Gabrielle, amazing food by Elba, the drivers and Guillermo! The band was fantastic on our last night as we danced away one of the best vacations I have ever had!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Barefoot Vacation Villas? Share your experiences!