“Only if you miss your connection in Caracas” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eduard's Hotel, Suite & Resorts

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Macuto
Eduard's Hotel, Suite & Resorts
You added Eduard's Hotel, Suite & Resorts to your Saves list
Av. La Playa con Calle 1 | Urbanización Alamo, Macuto - Estado Vargas, Macuto, Venezuela   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Macuto
Montreal
“Only if you miss your connection in Caracas”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed one night at Hotel Edward's (miss spelling here by trip advisor, it is not Eduard's but Edward's).

The hotel is about 20 minutes depending on traffic from the airport. I can't really say if the neighboorhood was safe, I don't think there is any safe place any more in Venezuela. It is locate just by the sea, across the street.

The hotel room is very basic, with a small 15 inches flat TV on the wall, not sure it had a safe. I felt everything was clean though.

There is a pool at Mezanine level with other Entertainment activities, like a pool table, and a ping pong table. They had no balls though for the ping pong table. The pool is very small and you should not be too difficult with the water cleaness.

As my title says, it is probably all right just for one night if you miss your connection in Caracas.

Room Tip: Don't walk around the hotel, most likely not safe.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

This place has lousy shuttle service. The Internet service is poor. Only place in the hotel to get decent internet service is the hot, sticky Mezzinine floor. Bring insect repellant. Bedding is old and should be replaced. My last room had many ants in the bathroom. Bathroom fixtures are old, or at least old looking. The only thing I can say nice is that the food is ok. Better off at the La Playa Marriott or EuroBuilding. I dread having to stay here but have to for work.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Macuto hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

In a nice building but rooms are not the best. It is not a nice place to stay. No beaches at all. It is very expensive as everything in Venezuela. Do not walk outside of the hotel, you can get in troubles. Have a free shuttle service to the airport. Local airlines us it to send grounded flights.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top levels facing the sea.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Mérida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011 via mobile

I stayed with my wife and baby there for one night and I'm not happy with the hotel. The shuttle service to the airport came to pick us up like an hour and a half late even though they said that they're gonna be there in 20 min or so. The hotel restaurant was terribly overpriced, it's actually cheaper to eat at the Marriott of Playa Grande, come on guys! Don't take advantage of the insecurity of the area, you know that tourists can go out of the hotel bceause is very dangerous. Finally, the room was OK but the bathroom wasn't very clean as in previous visits, the toilet looked dirty despite of the "sanitized" sign they put on the lid, I'm not happy with the overall service provided this time.

• Stayed December 2011
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I am frequent traveler and sadly I have to overnight in many Hotels around the world.

I stay at Eduard’s Hotel on the 17-Sep-2011..I have spent less money for a better Hotel room and service...room was overpriced 200 usd the night, I recently stayed at Stafford Sugar Land USA and only paid 70 usd the night.

Bathroom was ugly and the only thing it has nice is the surrounding with the beach near by.

As usual I have to pay my own room then claim it on my expense report, but since the did not by some reason gave me the receipt when I left as the “guy” that writes the receipts was not there according to the lady in the counter. They told me they would send it via e-mail on next Monday and still waiting..I even wrote them an e-mail and still waiting..

Thus for all this mention above I can never give them a good appreciable. So if you stay there just be aware. Oh I forgot food at the restaurant was terrible too

Felix

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Stay here was paid by Aserca (Venezeluan) airlines after their delayed flight caused me to miss my international connection. This hotel does not meet international standards of regular hotel rooms. Problems: unclean, low quality bed and furniture, construction of room, sound level (from hallway), no safe. The airline put me up in the hotel next door for my first night, which was impossibly worse...so Eduard's seemed like a step up. My first stay here was in 2010, paid by LAN airlines following a late flight. The positives of this hotel: across the street from the ocean, the front desk says it is safe to walk one way down the shore (to the right only), breakfast was decent. Unless this is a free night, I would not recommend staying here.

Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

What this hotel has going is its close proximity to airport and shuttle service.

Despite other reviews, the reception staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room had an amazing view of the water and the mountains. the room was clean, had AC & TV and the bathroom was clean too. the internet connection was decent; maybe not for business purposes but to check personal email, flight status, etc.
I felt the hotel was secure and i would stay again if i had an early connecting flight into/out of Venezuela's Caracas Int'l.
the lunch/dinner buffet was a complete disaster and the food was mediocre at best. one of the waiters even asked me if i was going to leave him a tip (we were the only ones who looked 'american').

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Eduard's Hotel, Suite & Resorts? Share your experiences!