We travelled the Loire Valley from Angers to Bourges. We stayed in about eight different B&Bs in the course of the trip. All were for the most part excellent. However, Chateau de la Rue was a major disappointment for a place which looks so good on its website. On initial contact by e-mail we asked for the best offer available. We were offered a room at the 'special price' of €150 per night or accommodation in an adjoining gite at €100 a night. We booked two nights (unfortunately) in the gite which proved to be an attic type room which was sparsely furnished and had no wardrobe to hang up clothes. The toilet facilities were down some cold stairs - not very pleasant at any time but particularly in the middle of the night! We made our views known, very politely, to the owner and were subjected to what could best be described as an incoherent 'rant' about her personal woes and made us feel that we were, to say the least, being troublesome. The Chateau itself and the grounds are the worse for wear and in need of maintenance.
We were glad to see the back of Chateau de la Rue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take time out in a beautiful 18th century country retreat, nestled between the Chateaux of Blois and Chambord in the heart of the Loire Valley. Relax in the peaceful surroundings of our parkland and enjoy the gourmet preserves made from the fruits of our protected orchards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Chateau de la Rue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De La Rue Hotel Cour Sur Loire
- Chateau De La Rue Cour Sur Loire, France - Loire Valley