“A Fantastic B&B on a fantastic island” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grianamul

Grianamul
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Isle of Barra
Grianamul
You added Grianamul to your Saves list
Castlebay, HS9 5XD , Scotland   |
Ranked #7 of 16 Isle of Barra B&B and Inns
Glasgow, Scotland
“A Fantastic B&B on a fantastic island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

Just back from our first trip to Barra (a long weekend). Annie and Ronnie made us most welcome at Grianamul, it was the cleanest B&B we've ever stayed in, the breakfast was just great to start the da with. The breakfast room had superb views over Castlebay. The room we had was super and the beds excellent. I am sorry I've taken so long to 'find' Barra and Grianamul, but promise to be back soon.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

I fully share Micky’s reaction, and like him, I can’t help wondering whether we are talking about the same place. My husband and I have been at Grianamul twice, and always found the place extremely clean and pleasant and the owners helpful and friendly. At no time did we have any cause for dissatisfaction.

Other negative comments I would put down to cultural misunderstandings (and by the way, travelling is supposed to broaden the mind: people abroad don’t always speak and act the way they would at home, and that’s part of the experience). For instance, as regards not having a key to one’s room: it wasn’t lack of consideration on the owners’ part, but simply the fact that parts of rural Scotland are so safe that door keys (both to the front and back door and to guests’ bedrooms) are, indeed, not considered necessary. It was the same in rural Ireland in the past, when I lost count of the number of times I was not given a key to lock my room. I never dreamt of complaining – my reaction was always one of boundless envy for people lucky enough to live in such honest communities, and I think visitors should feel privileged to be spending some time in a place like Barra where one can afford to trust others in this way.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Grianamul? Share your experiences!