“Great Hotel, poor Beefeater attached” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Great deals online.
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wenvoe
“Great Hotel, poor Beefeater attached”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in many Premier Inn's over the years, and like all the others excellent.
The only let down was the attached restaurant/pub BEEFEATER, now don't get me wrong the food is lovely, but they decided to remove the bar menu for December so lunch time was a choice of the main menu which has no snack options, on investigation I was informed that Premier Inn is managed separately to that of Beefeater and this has been an issue for some time.
The senior management need to address this issue which if they performed their own research would find some discrepancies.
So a greater selection at lunch needs to be on offer all year, as a pub lunch usually consists on sandwiches, chips and snacks.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel and initially used the Beefeater next door to conduct job interviews all day. The staff were excellent, very friendly and accommodating all day. I then checked in to the hotel and was greeted by a lad called Shaun who was extremely friendly and made me feel right at home.
Later that evening I dined in the Beefeater and,although some items were off the menu due to increased demand due to the half price offer, the food I chose was excellent and my waitress Angie was fantastic. She must have gone up and down the stairs 6 times to refill my bottomless drink and always with a smile.
After dinner I returned to the hotel and was greeted by one of the friendliest hellos I've ever received from Georgia on reception (she normally works at Barry Premier Inn but to the benefit of all those at Cardiff West she was covering). I was again made to feel very welcome. I had to print off some important work documents and Georgia bent over backwards and went out of her way to help me. I have stayed at numerous Premier Inns around the country and this is the best experience I've had hands down.

• Stayed November 2012
Warks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed at the Wenvoe Premier Inn for one night only in March 2012 in order to see relatives. At the time the hotel was in the process of being totally refurburshed so consequently there were workmen around.
However, we were extremely well received by all the staff. The manager showed us to our room and was clearly very proud of the new updated rooms that he was now able to offer. We had first use of a refurbished room. Excellent in every way. As we were seeing relatives we did not use the restaurant.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The hotel has recently been refurbished inside. We stayed in a family room which was a good size, clean, large tv and we had a good nights sleep. The hotel staff were all very friendly, and booking in and checking out was very efficent.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Really nice hotel, very clean rooms and very helpful staff who where willing to help out at every turn, and brekkie was more than good. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone. The only thing I would say is that when you go in the entrance make sure that you follow the car park all the way round and the car park entrance is at the back of the hotel, and there is loads of spaces round the front, and it a wee track with your luggage if you do just pull up at the first space round the back.

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel which was recently refurbished. The room was lovely, really clean with very comfortable beds. The reception staff were welcoming and friendly.
We went to the restaurant next door for breakfast and waited 45 minutes for our cooked breakfast. We later complained that we'd had to wait a long time for our food. The waitress didn't apologise but told us sharply that breakfast started at 7am and we should have come earlier. She was extremely rude and sharp. We didn't think that allowing one hour for breakfast was unreasonable but our order wasn't taken until 20 minutes after our arrival then arrived after a 40 minute wait which meant we had to eat it really quickly in order to get to our destination on time.

West Midlands, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

All Premier Inns give good value for money. The room was quiet and clean. My quibbles were as follows. The car park was littered and the entrance spoilt by dropped cigarette nubs and discarded chocolate wrappers which I feel the reception staff could have checked regularly. The bar area had crisps and other savouries scattered around and the staff seemed slow to clear the tables, while ignoring the state of the messy carpets.
And if you want a face cloth for your ablutions, take your own. There are none supplied in the bathroom and when I requested one I was given the directions to Tesco's.
These were my only disappointments in what was a pleasant stay in a good location.

Room Tip: Request bedrooms at the rear. The front ones face a noisy road.