“Best Hidden Pottery Treasure in Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The gallery has been operating for about 30 years in the production of artistic ceramics and as 700 years ago, only creates ceramics made ​​and hand painted. This shop is a little jewel in the commercial landscape of Montelupo. The owner Salvatore Mirenda, creates objects with the ancient technique of the lathe, the activity that takes place over 35 years, after he inherited from his father Sebastian, a master potter. Salvatore continues the family tradition of working with clay, enriching it with new shapes and decorations. Our production is not limited to the reproduction of classical works, but adds that touch of creativity, originality and quality that distinguishes our work. The gallery offers the opportunity 'to order and buy directly from the factory or via email.
Florence, Italy
6 attraction reviews
“Best Hidden Pottery Treasure in Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

1 year ago I found plates in Germany that I had to have. They were made in Italy and I thought I would never find them. Thanks to a very dear friend and her connection to La Galleria, we found the source ... Salvatore!!! When I visited the store to order my set of dishes, Betty and Matteo were so helpful and insightful. There is so much to take in and each piece is so unique and beautiful. The family is so customer focused that I asked Salvatore if he could make a candle holder ... the response ... no problem. I cannot wait to return in January to see the piece and make my next purchase. Whatever you do, do not miss this treasure when visting Tuscany!

Visited November 2013
Matteo M, Direttore vendite at La Galleria, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Ciao Lori,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure for us to meet you, and with your advise we made the candle holder of your dreams! :)

But you made a mistake... the real treasure is to meet people as you, and it is the best part of our work!!

Have a nice day and see you soon,

Beaufort, South Carolina
“Shopping for Pottery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

During our recent travels thru Tuscany we were really impressed with the attractions in the small village of Montelupo. We were exceptionately fortunate to discover a little pottery shop in town called La Galleria.....delightful pottery and the nicest people we encountered made the shopping experience a pleasure. Their pieces are original works of art that we wanted for display in our homes in the USA...to represent our visit to Italy. We selected three unique pieces that had colorful birds that caught our interest. Matteo is the artist with a talent for making beautifu pottery and his wife was extremely helpful assisting our selections for shipment. This experience was personally rewarding and we highly recommend that others visit this establishment to meet a wonderful couple and to see what they have created for each of us to enjoy!

Visited September 2013
Matteo M, Direttore vendite at La Galleria, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Ciao Don,

Thank you very much for the beautiful words and for your patience, I know that the time required for the production is longer than the simple shipping of finished ceramics, but it was worth it! :)

I am also really happy reading that you have enjoyed our city and Tuscany in general!

P.s. there is a misunderstanding, Salvatore is the artist, I am the son!

Have a nice day and see you soon,
New York City, New York
“A very special ceramics store...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Beautiful ceramics and wonderful shop owners. Warm greeting and an espresso upon arrival, we stayed for over 2 hours, enjoying Matteo and Betty's company and assistance while we shopped. I have many beautiful ceramics from Italy and couldn't be happier to have added 2 more unique and gorgeous pieces from La Galleria to my collection. Everything arrived well packed and safe. I plan on visiting again many times in the future. Thank you Matteo and please come visit us! Eileen from NY

Ciao Eileen,

It was a pleasure for me meet you and Maria, and thank you very much for the beautiful words!

I really hope to see you soon, maybe next time in NY (as said is one of my biggest dreams)! :D

Thank you again for the opinion, it really matters for me, my mother and my dad.

Have a nice day,
Matteo
“Beautiful ceramics and excellent custom service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

While traveling from florence to Pisa we decided to stop in Montelupo to browse. Well, LaGalleria was our first stop and we stayed for 2 hours! Matteo and his Mom were wonderful. They were helpful and provided excellent service. I loved everything in this store and bought a lamp and a casserole dish. My friend bought several platters. The lamp arrived safely to New York as did the dishes. Thank you again Matteo for helping us. I cannot wait to go back and visit again. Maria P from NY

Ciao Maria,

I was really happy reading your words, and I am pleased to have gifted you the experience that you have wrote in our shop!

Reading that the shipping is gone fine made my day, we pass a week under pressure waiting for the email with the communication that everything arrived intact!

I hope to see you soon in our shop,
Phoenix, Arizona
“Ceramic Magicians”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a ceramic masterpiece. The detail and exquisite character of each piece was beyond majestic. Matteo and his family are very helpful and know what pieces are right to fit your personality. I was blessed to have meant them and can't wait to return. I am so excited they have a catalog to order all their wonderful pieces. Thanks, Matteo and family for the wonderful experience. Your friend from Arizona. Christine

Visited October 2013
Matteo M, Proprietario at La Galleria, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Christine,

I was a pleasure for me to know you, and the smile on your face, of your sisters and your cousin after giving the gift and make compositions of ceramics was a wonderful experience also for me.

The fact that you mention that I have understood your personality and found the right pieces means a lot to me!

Thank you for the beautiful review, I really hope to see you soon!

La Galleria