“Overnight stay” 2 of 5 stars

ADDITIONAL 5€  DISCOUNT
East Coast
“Overnight stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for an overnight stay before we had to catch a morning flight from Geneva. The room is really small with an even smaller bathroom. It was adequately clean and close to the airport. It was well priced as we only needed a place for one night. I would not recommend this place for multiple nights as it would be too small and congested (we left some of our luggage in the car for this reason). We had driving directions but it was still difficult to find.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chambery, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I needed to take a hotel room near Geneva airport, from where I was to take off at 7:30 am. The small room features a double bed, a small table desk, a wall-attached TV which can be programmed for wake up, and a tiny but very functional shower room (shower, sink, and toilet). No closet, no drawers (which I did not need anyway). Since we checked in after hours, that was thoroughly and efficiently completed through a automatic machine requesting either my name, or my reservation number, or my credit card used for prepayment (we had paid 38,25 euros for a room publicly advertised at 52 euros). The only drawback of that hotel is that it is not easy to find (in addition, you definitely need a car); similarly, we had to count on our orientation sense more than on the road panels to get to the airport the next morning, partly because of the insufficient signage. Nevertheless, I would return there if needed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sofia, Bulgaria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is your typical budget hotel, only smaller. And without Internet. And with hardly any breakfast (coffee is good, though). Rooms are extremely tiny - but clean. Beware - they are TINY. Triple is not usable, even though it exists (it's two beds put together plus one on top). Price of "42 to 88 euro depending on season" is stretching it premiere-ly far.:) Good point - service; nice ladies serving both reception and kitchen.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Genis-Pouilly hotels

Ephraim, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Horrendously bad. Yes, they have Internet, but it was so slow I couldn't even log into my bank account. I had a day to work before leaving to go back to the U.S. so I asked for a refund and headed over to the Starling, where they gave me 1/2 price due to my coverage of them in my news the week prior.

I've never seen a bathroom so small in any hotel in the world. You could shower, brush your teeth and go to the toiled at the same time, if you were coordinated enough, everything was so compact. You have to move the bed in order open the door to the bathroom.

Oh, and the night I arrived, there was no receptionist. I had to call the phone number on the door, and some guy showed up begrudgingly to walk me through the auto sign-in outside as you drive into the place -- which did not work, so he had to open the reception office after all.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone except someone who doesn't need Internet and doesn't mind being cramped up.

And the breakfast (that you have to pay for) had the least options I've ever encountered, and was the most bland ever.

It's the worse case of cutting corners I've ever seen. Then they call themselves "Premiere?" Ha. Hardly. More like the opposite. Premiere dump.

Here's a video I shot about my experience, comparing it to the Starling (hardly a fair comparison): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spEzUV5MpxQ

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here for one night as a stopover in Geneva on our way to Lyon.

It cost 50 Euros / Swiss Francs for a 5 seater taxi one way to get here and 90 Euros for a 6 seater cab on the way back. Miles away from Geneva airport and the city centre. I wish we had spent the extra taxi money on a nearer hotel.

When we arrived the automated check in machine outside didn't work. It was in the middle of nowhere, in an industrial looking area, next to a shut supermarket and a closed garage. None of the facilities were open in the hotel and there was nothing in reachable distance (we were stuck anyway as the taxis had left us and we couldn't get inside to find a taxi number). We were given an out of hours contact number for the hotel staff but the woman who answered it appeared at reception and swiftly disappeared.

We resorted to going to another hotel down the road to ask for help. Luckily a member of our party was fluent in French. The receptionist from the hotel next door came over to see if he could rouse anyone. By this time a Spanish party were also stuck outside. Eventually a receptionist appeared and checked us in, over an hour after we had arrived.

The rooms literally had room for a bed and that was it. It also smelt strongly of smoke. The bathroom was the size of something you'd get in a caravan and the ladders down from the top bunk were frankly dangerous. The bunks were attached to the walls so when the person in the next room turned over the whole thing shook!

Most worrying was that we saw a number of very scantily clad young women around the place both during that night and the next morning. We weren't near any nightlife so this was a little worrying. We were in a large group of 14 people but if I had been on my own or in a smaller group both the location and events at this hotel would have been very intimidating.

The receptionist followed us down stairs in the morning. She first of all asked us to put back the chairs and table we had moved (from 5 feet away behind a bush) to sit on whilst waiting the night before. We said yes and that we'd replace them as soon as our taxi arrived in 10 minutes. Given that we'd had less than 5 hours sleep due to being stood outside for so long we weren't keen to stand around. She then lost her temper, slapped and shoved a member of our party (a teenage girl), snatching the chair and putting it back. She then asked us to be quiet (there were only 4 of us talking) but it struck me as odd she wasn't so worried about the noise levels when leaving 20 people stuck outside for over an hour the previous night!

I would not stay here again. I would not recommend it, no matter how cheap! The service was awful, it was intimidating and worse than a hostel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

PREMIERE CLASSE HOTEL GENEVE - None of these words actually describe this hotel. It really is not Premiere by any standards and it is certainly not in Geneva. If you want the cheapest possible bed for the night then this maybe for you. If you want "luxuries" like the internet, food and some customer service then I suggest you avoid this hotel. Currently in the lobby there is a printed A4 sign informing customers that as they are painting the ceilings they will be coming into your room during the day while you are out. I couldn't wait to leave.

Room Tip: The out of hours check in does not work so get there in the day as they do not answer the emergency...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is a decent hotel for those who are planning a visit to CERN - which is less than a 10 min. drive away. We were travelling by vehicle and had some difficulty locating the hotel (even with our GPS). We ended up finding it by chance after driving around in ciricles. Note: The hotel looks different than what is shown on this website.

We got a room on the main floor right next to the front door. So it was not the best for privacy or noise level with the window open. The room itself was quite small and the bathroom even more so - similar to a bathroom in a camper van or recreational vehicle. The cleanliness of the room was ok. Overall, the room reminded us of dormitory-style accommodations. The room was acceptable for our one night's stay in the area. There was a grocery market right across the street, which we found convenient as a source for food.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Premiere Classe Geneve-Saint Genis Pouilly? Share your experiences!