We, unfortunately, have the displeasure of having to stay here for one night. My husband had to visit this area for work, and I went along for the ride.......BIG MISTAKE!! We were greeted by a man behind reception with a creased and dirty shirt on, and a sticky threadbare carpet in the 'foyer'. We were booked in and given our key and a tv remote!! Alarm bells should have sounded then. We walked to our room down a corridor stinking of smoke (a no smoking area) and opened the door to a damp and musty smell. The room was about 10' square with twin beds in, pushed together as there was nowhere to move them to. Mould was all up the wall behind the beds. Water was dripping off the windows and was thick black all along the edges. There was a wooden headrest that was full of thick cobwebs down the sides. The carpet had white marks all over where it had been wet and left. The bathroom was tiny and the ceiling full of mouldy marks. 75 Euros for this for one night and then they had the cheek to charge us another 9 Euros for the worst breakfast I have ever had. You could not pay me to ever go back there...I would have preferred to have slept in our van. Dont think this one deserves even 1 star!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the foot of the mountains of the Jura, our Balladins Hotel is only 20 min away from the centre of Genève. Come and enjoy the comfort of our 44 bedrooms as well as the charm of our hotel.You will relax and feel welcome in our lounge and enjoy our restaurant with an 'all you can eat' buffet. The restaurant is closed on Saturday and Sunday. We also have a seminar room which can welcome up to 30 people.Located in the South-East of France, between Paris and the French Riviera/Côte d'Azur, Rhône-Alpes is the region of diversity. Gastronomy is one of the most famous characteristic of the region thanks to the local productions : wines such as Beaujolais and Côtes-du-Rhône, local cheeses, typical dishes, Bresse chicken, etc... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Balladins Geneve/Saint-Genis-Pouilly Confort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Balladins Saint-Genis-Pouilly
- Saint-Genis-Pouilly Balladins