“Rafting and ranching in the mountains!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Rancho Baiguate to your Saves list
Rancho Baiguate
3.0 of 5 Ranch   |   La Joya, Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic   |
London, England, United Kingdom
“Rafting and ranching in the mountains!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at this well presented ranch in Jaracaboa mainly because of the high quality rafting experience we had read about. The complex was spacious, well organised with unique touches of nature such as a butterfly forest and small bird sanctuary. Staff were very helpful and accommodating and the guides supervising the rafting experience were professional, entertaining and extremely talented when it came to pulling us out of the rapid canyons and waterfalls which some of us unexpectedly got sucked into! An exhilirating aqua experience along the longest river in the Carribean with beautiful sights along the way!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Baiguate, Owner at Rancho Baiguate, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to inform you that know we have a new addition we have created a Jungle Playground for kids, now they will have more fun stuff to do at Baiguate. Regarding the kitchen it is in a planning stage to see the feasibility of some small cabins, but if your husband likes cooking we might be able to arrange something as we have with other customers.

Have a great day and we hope to see you soon.

Regards,

Omar Rodriguez

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We are frecuent travelers to Jarabacoa. And for me the best place to stay is this Rancho.
Good food, great staff, nice rooms and excellent ambiance and excursions.

Most of the excursions we love to do, come out of this ranch: canyoning, rafting, and so on.
for me is the best place to come with my kids, as there is a pool, and some kids swings. I can come out early in the morning, to do excursions. Breakfast is ready. Leave the kids with my nany in a place I feel safe and with lots of things to do for them. Come back to find a good meal done , my kids already eaten, and sleeping a siesta after having a great day. ANd then, time to relax!

The only missing piece for me, is that I would love for them to have a villa or something with a kitchen. As my husband loves to cook and sometimes we go to other places in Jarabacoa, just to have a kitchen to cook in.

I totally recomend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Baní, Peravia, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I am dominican live in bk, ny, have been to resorts for thenlast twenty years. This place by far was the best stay ever. Tony the evening bartender was great, i gave him some mangos that i brought from bani, and the way he treated me was as is i were family. The staff is very attentive, and the food.... It was as good as my mothers cooking, sooo good. I came here with my girlfriend who does not like to do any activities but this place made her feel right at home. Rafting was phenomenal and i went horse back riding twice, on very well trained horses. I have been riding for a while and this place by far has some of the best trail horses. They will gallop on command and have a very confortable trot. It felt as if the place was ours, not too many people, but a great place for an active vacation. I will return with my twelve year old son this summer so he can experience this type of vacation. Excursions in resorts are usually expensive, the rancho baiguate has very low rates for its guests who stay there. Oh and the gift shop actually has regular dr prices, awesome vacation, will be my new spot in dr for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Baiguate, Owner at Rancho Baiguate, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Melissa, I am glad you had a good time at Rancho Baiguate. Our main purpose is to always make our guests feel right at home. I will agree with you that Tony is one of our main assets... his dedication and care towards all guests and visitors is like no other. When you visit us again you will see new additions and renovations at the Ranch.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

When I planed where to stay in DR, I was looking for something different than beaches and notorious tourist destinations. I was recommended to visit mountain region, and part of this visit was the Rancho. We arrived to Santiago airport and rented a car there. The journey was quite straightforward, and turn-off from highway to Jarabacoa is very well marked. I found GPS useless. Traffic quite heavy, need to be careful of many motorbikes (drivers in principle without helmets, not indicating when changing direction) and overloaded small Daihatsu trucks. When arrived to Jarabacoa, way to the Rancho was well marked, even if you wouldn’t find it, simply follow the direction to Constanza. Be careful of traffic lights controlled crossroad in the centre of the town. Staff in reception friendly, gave brief about the locality and tourist attractions. Was recommended to visit two waterfalls, preferably with the guide, but you don’t need the guide. Just 15 minutes walk from parking lot. Main attraction was rafting! We didn’t do any rafting before. We were quite scared, but our instructor Wilson was very patient with us, and we felt very safe with him. We booked another day and asked for him again, and we really enjoyed the trip. I would highly recommend this attraction! I was also looking for some hike up to the hills. I was recommended to have a guide because of the absence of marked pathways, but I eventually managed to find some. The Rachno itself was very well maintained. Accommodation simple, but you wouldn’t expect Hilton standard. We were satisfied, also with the good variety of the meal. Bar was the part of the restaurant, and staff also very friendly there. The Rancho itself was quite place, but you could hear the music from local communities. Generally speaking, very good experience there, and I would definitely recommend this place to stay, especially if you are with kids.

Room Tip: Ask for the room facing to the river
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Baiguate, Owner at Rancho Baiguate, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank You for your review, if you have any feedback for us I would gladly appreciate it.
B
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I ended up spending four nights at the Rancho last February. This has several advantages. There are great deals with full pension and reductions to the excursions. The rafting is a must. There's a pool and the town is a motoconcho ride away. You'll feel like the only tourist in dance bars like Entre Amigos or Venue! Definitely check out Carnaval in nearby La Vega on any of the Sundays in February. But above all: the STAFF of the Rancho is exceptional!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

FUN!!!! This was my first white water rafting experience and I Loved it!!! The guide was nice and made the whole experience exciting!
We stayed one night at Rancho Biguate and did the horseback riding in the mountains. Beautiful. Small horses!
I definitely recommend the white water rafting. Don't miss it!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a mixed experience at Rancho Baiguate. Jarabacoa has a wonderful setting, and the hotel grounds are really lovely. The rooms are clean though fairly basic for the price. When we were at the hotel, it rained pretty much 24/7, and the room felt quite damp.

Food was plenty, though nothing special, and service was uneven, with some staff quite friendly and helpful, others less so.

The surrounding area is quite nice to explore, though the hike we booked through the hotel to the two nearby waterfalls was disappointing in that it basically consisted of walking on the side of the Jarabacoa and Constanza.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Baiguate, General Manager at Rancho Baiguate, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank You very much for your comment. We at Rancho Baiguate take our guests reviews very seriously. You are our most important asset when it comes to improving our services.

We have started a mayor renovation project to take the rooms to higher standards.

Addressing the hike to the waterfalls we always try to develop trails that involve contact with nature. Because the waterfalls have so much visitors the trails leading to them have been converted into roads.

I regret any inconvenience and thank you again for your feedback.

Been to Rancho Baiguate? Share your experiences!