We were so lucky that they had a cancellation when we phoned, but unfortunately just for one night. However it was well worth the windy drive across to Golden Bay.We stayed in Cottage 3 which had direct access to the beach, a lovely patio, huge spa bath, fully equiped kitchen and great breakfast hamper. The free use of washing machines & drier was an added bonus after 2 weeks on the road. Could have stayed for a week!! Certainly one of our more memorable B&Bs. Not cheap (NZ$390) but well worth it especially for Valentines Day. Tip: book well in advance as its very popular; stock up with food & wine in Motueka or Takaka en route so that you can dine on the patio and enjoy the beautiful view over a candle-lit dinner; wake up early to watch sunrise from your bed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 5-Star, self-contained accommodation situated on a quiet, sandy and sheltered private beach. The 5 cottages and a studio are spread over 1 Ha of landscaped gardens to ensure guest privacy and a peaceful, relaxed and romantic atmosphere. All accommodations have king-size beds with breathtaking views over Golden Bay. The stylish, modern interiors feature warm timbers. Cottages all have luxury double spa baths. Centrally located between Abel Tasman, and Kahurangi National Parks and Farewell Spit Nature Reserve. This beautiful area is well known for artisans, interesting cafes and varied day walks ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, T4B and Odigeo so you can book your Adrift in Golden Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adrift In Golden Bay Hotel Takaka
- Adrift In Golden Bay Nelson
- Adrift In Golden Bay Takaka, New Zealand