“Pisgah” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Capel Pisgah

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blaenau Ffestiniog
Capel Pisgah
You added Capel Pisgah to your Saves list
Maenoferen Street, Snowdonia National Park, Blaenau Ffestiniog LL413DH, Wales   |
wirral UK
“Pisgah”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed at Capel Pisgah for 6 months whilst I was working in Blaenau Ffestiniog. Glyns and Doug are absolutely brilliant they made me feel so welcome and I would strongly recommend the Pisgah as I called it to anybody coming to Blaenau .The food was fantastic and the various rooms I stayed in where always clean and comfortable. The perfect place to stay if you are working away from home !!!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 2 was my favorite
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Capel pisgah is located in a prime position with a co-op 2 mins walk away, 4 pubs within 5 min walk and plenty of food options local. Antur stiniog is only 5 mins drive away or 10 mins ride. The staff are very friendly and will point you in the direction of anything you need or alternatively you can search for yourself with the free wifi. I have nothing bad to say about my visit and am allready planning my next trip.

• Stayed January 2013
Burnley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Prebooked in the summer for a mountain bike trip for the lads. From reservation to checking out a postive experience. Nice staff and superb rooms for the money. Clean and a great full english breakfast ....what more could you ask for £25! Thanks would return and recommend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Super friendly place to stay...Glyns is an excellent host, very polite and accommodating...clean, great food, great breakfast and a really powerful shower ...fantastic after a day at Antur Stiniog biking centre...hose to clean your bike and secure storage for your bike ....under floor heating ....leather sofas in sitting room ...wide screen tv .......perfects...we will be back !

Room Tip: All great !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

I booked 24 hours before arrival and inform them of my late arrival. She stayed up to wait for me an even made a fresh pot of tea. Breakfast was very good with plenty of toast if you wanted it.
Glenys was lovely, you get introduced to the family. A real friendly stay.

• Stayed November 2012
Crawley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed in the Capel Pisgah Bed & Breakfast for a week in October 2011. It is a pleasant establishment, centrally located in the village. I fancied a trip to Wales as I had not been there for 20 years by then. Discovered it online and booked via the web-site. The manageress had taken the name for my booking as the name used in the make-up of our household e-mail address, so she had the wrong name down for me. The journey to the B&B took 8 hours. When I arrived, no-one was in. I rang the number left on the door - the manageress's mobile. She told me she'd only be 10 minutes and took 25, but after 8 hours in the car, I wasn't too bothered. She then tole me she wasn't expecting Luke, but Malcolm! The room was well thought out and quite pleasant, although I found the bed very lumpy and hard to sleep in. There were also a few stains on the sheets! The decor in all communal rooms was not to my liking - a bright colour in every room. My other major gripe was at the end of my stay. I had asked for breakfast to be available on the day I left, before 8 a.m. I waited and waited - nothing. I ended up leaving at 8am and getting breakfast at a Little Chef 25 miles away! I will not be returning to this establishment.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

A friend and local told me this was the place to stay, and how right he was. Centrally located on a quiet side street, short walk from shops and restaurants, Capel Pisgah feels just like home, only better! Glynis, the personable host/chef, offers sincere Welsh hospitality. Everyone here speaks Welsh and English -- just the spot to capture the true Welsh spirit. The rooms are large, modern, sunny, simple, great wifi. This is the perfect place to visit the true North, whether for the bike trails, the sights (Llechwedd Slate Caverns, a must!), or just the ambiance -- CellB, a new restaurant/cultural center is just a couple blocks away, with great food and music nights. And close by are two of the greatest local pubs, a vision of the past in the present at The Tap and the Pengwern. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Craig-y-Dderwen
Craig-y-Dderwen
#1 of 7 in Betws-y-Coed
4.5 of 5 stars 247 reviews

Been to Capel Pisgah? Share your experiences!