“Chic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Furano Fresh Powder Apartments

Furano Fresh Powder Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Furano
Furano Fresh Powder Apartments
14-26 Kitanomine, Furano, Hokkaido 076-0034, Japan   |
Offers & Announcements
Visit Freshpowder.com♪
Ranked #1 of 53 Specialty lodging in Furano
Hong Kong, China
“Chic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Enjoyed my stay with Fresh Powder! Tim was exceptionally helpful. The room was chic, cozy and clean. The location is perfect if you drive, but in case you don’t, the bus station is just less than 50m away. Tim even picked us up at the bus station, which I didn’t expect.

Will definitely go back in winter (the apartment is just opposite to the ski slopes)!

Room Tip: the view of studio room 3 is blocked by other buildings; guess there are some other rooms have bette...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Our group of 7 booked three apartments for a ski week and highly recommend this place to other skiiers. It's so close to the gondola, it is the next best thing to ski-in, ski-out. The facilities in the apartments are excellent and the hosts Hiro-san and Tim are very helpful and friendly. There are restaurants nearby, although I recommend getting Hiro or Tim's help in making the booking, and Tim's translation assistance at the supermarket was invaluable. Highly recommended.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

These apartments are very comfortable and well equipped. Great location near the Kitomane Gondola and ski rental shop where you can leave your skis and boots overnight if you choose. Ski facilities at the apartments are also excellent. Service from management was very friendly and helpful, especially the assistance received with food shopping. Overall a great choice.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I really owe Fresh Powder a glowing review.

We stayed in the 1 bedroom apartment for 2 nights and wished we could stay longer. Very modern design and spotlessly clean. The apartment has everything we needed and we were spoilt by the well-equipped kitchen. The beds are so comfortable, even the sofa bed!

I must praise Tim for being so exceptionally helpful. I use a wheelchair and he has given me tips on how to get to Furano and not to arrive too late since the train station staff will not be around at night to assist me! He even helped to take measurements and photos of the entrance so that I can be sure that my wheelchair could pass through.

I was requested to clean my wheelchair of sand before using it in the apartment. I simply left my wheelchair at the door. How could I bear to damage the pretty flooring that's a part of this lovely apartment?

When I booked the apartment, I thought it was expensive. After my stay, I think it is absolutely value for money!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have been back to this same apartment for 3 years and still it looked as if it was just newly renovated every time! Amazing how they managed to keep this place so clean and new! Everything, especially the bathrooms were sparkling clean. The big and well equipped kitchen was a pleasure to cook in and we did! With the fresh and healthy ingredients, we cooked almost every day during our 3 nights here.

The care takers were friendly and helpful. Tim, whom we have met for 2 years, was very nice and so was another care taker whom we did not get his name. We always bought juicy and sweet watermelon to share with Tim and staff. They all loved it!

We sincerely hope that this place can be kept looking the way it has been. We will come back every time for sure! We felt right at home (or honestly, better than home!). Thanks!

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom apartment on the second floor facing the city is the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed in August 2013 in the one bed apartment on the ground floor. We needed a separate bedroom so when my daughter went to bed, we didn't have to too!
We loved our time in Furano and the apartment was a great base. It is just as the photos show on the website - clean, modern and fully equipped. As other reviewers have said, Tim and Hiro, the staff, are very friendly, full of helpful advice but allow you to get on with your holiday. There is always someone in the office (7 days) and they've got a vast collection of DVDs and PS3 games in case of bad weather. They also give you a mapcode, which is great with a Japanese sat nav as you definitely know it'll work.
Their website made it clear that the apartment didn't have a view, and it didn't, but there was much more natural light than this might lead you to believe.
A few niggles, such as when there was a noisy family upstairs, you could hear them and the bathroom has no window, but overall an absolute great place to stay.
For really nice bread for breakfast, I'd recommend Furano Bakery near the station or Furano Marche. Although the croissants from the Coop supermarket are fine.
Definitely try furano milk pudding - a Japanese version of creme caramel that is delicious!
Tim recommended Topical sushi, and we went three times. Great neighbourhood conveyor belt sushi, with English menu if you want more usual stuff. Really good for kids with staff offering vege sushi without wasabi and having kids chopsticks. Also good pizza place 5 mins walk with frozen beer - mmm.
Oh and worth moting, I loved the bed but it was quite soft for my husband. But enormous!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We stayed in a studio apartment . Although there is no view from the room and we need to change to indoor bedroom shoes when we are inside the apartments. We hear our neighbour's movement from our room meaning its not very sound proof. There is no lift but we stayed on the second floor.

We love the rest from bed, kitchen, fridge, tv, wifi, washing machine and dryer. Furano is very environment friendly, so they are very particular in separating bottles, cans, trash and food leftover. There is 4 bins in the cabinet below the sink.

The manager Tim and his boss Hiro were great help to us. Due to last minute change in plan, Tim actually drove to Furano station and pick us up.

Language isn't an issue since he's Westerner. He gave us a lot of help such as booking night tour on our behalf (star grazing). He drove us around to city after picking us up.

We will probably go again to try winter season.

But the tourist center in Furano isn't as friendly as Biei. I was alittle disappointed since I expected more due to Japanese culture polite is their virtue.

Room Tip: There is no view from my room. Mine was a studio apartment.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Furano Fresh Powder Apartments? Share your experiences!