“Caesar Salad -food poisoning” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 40 restaurants in Furano
Good for: Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Open from '98 This is basic Teppan yaki and Okonomi-yaki restaurant.Don't dance and throw the egg to you.But We have few Original menu that made from Furano and Hokkaido.Many travelers from any countries come to Furano now.Don't worry, Come to Masaya. The staff who are local can speak English. Let's have good time with us.
Furano, Japan
“Caesar Salad -food poisoning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sorry, but my daughter had a Caesar salad (she was the only one having it) and was violently ill last night and spent the next day in bed. Missed out on a great days snowboarding in Furano.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
富良野まさ屋, オーナー at Teppan Okonomiyaki Masaya, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for visiting Furano, and we deeply regret that this illness caused you to lose some of your snowboarding time. I hope that you were still able to enjoy some great snowboarding and that you will visit Furano again.
Food safety is a very serious issue for any restaurant. Upon reading your review mentioning suspected food poisoning, we have thoroughly checked our kitchen and all of our products, and also notified our supply chain. I have also contacted several other customers who have had the Caesar salad recently, but we are unable to find any problems. If you had any more information you can share, such as the date, and exact symptoms of your illness, please contact me at info@furanomasaya.com
I thank you for taking the time to write your review, but I do not feel that writing “food poisoning” in the review title is appropriate. In the future, could we recommend that you verify any claim of food poisoning with a medical diagnosis, and promptly notify the manager of the restaurant. While I can understand your frustration with losing holiday time, and I respect your right to share your opinions with other travelers, I feel it unfair to state that the illness must have been caused by food poisoning at our restaurant. There are many other possible causes of similar acute illness, especially among travelers. Furthermore, the incubation period of many food-borne illnesses is more than 24 hours. This is a bad cold and flu season in Hokkaido, and there are also many non-foodborne illnesses which can cause similar symptoms.
My personal advice to readers of this review: I would recommend that if you should become violently ill while traveling, please visit a doctor immediately. In case of an actual food safety problem, most countries require doctors to notify public health authorities of food poisoning. Your visit to the doctor would aid this process. And, If it turns out to be a non-foodborne illness, you can receive medication to help with the symptoms and prevent spreading the illness to other travelers.
Thank you for taking time to read my response. I hope that everyone stays well and enjoys happy travels.

95% Recommend
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
bergen, norway
“Good okonomiyaki.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We ordered okonomiyaki (egg/cabbage based food), and tried the teppanyaki chicken (small portion). The food was very nice, but the place smelt too much of fried food and could do with a bit of airing, or at least somwhere to put the jackets so they did not smell afterwards... Would go back to try the teppanyaki properly.

Visited February 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Great for a group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

For a group of 15 people, we had the most amazing experience. Masaya worked tirelessly to put on a great show and produce some amazing food. The flavours and smells were superb and even the vegetarians among us were satiated.

All the food was prepared right in front of us, and the conversation and stories flowed as freely as the beer from our ice chilled pitchers.

I would highly recommend this venue for a group of friends or in our case a group of families; a truly unforgettable night!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
富良野まさ屋, オーナー at Teppan Okonomiyaki Masaya, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for coming my restaurant.
You are great audience for me.
So, I was very excited for cooking.

your photos with me that time are in my restaurant blog.
It was great time with you.
I'm glad to know this Comment.
I'll wait you anytime in Furano.

See you soon.
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic cook it yourself okonomiyaki and yaki soba”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a fun night out where you sit around a table with a hot plate. You order from a menu in English if needed (!) and the chef brings you a bowl of ingredients to mix, and then cook. He was delightful and showed us how to flip our pancakes, then brush them with sauce, squiggle mayonnaise over the top, and add shallots and bonito flakes to finish them off. Delicious. We also had yaki soba (noodles with vegetables and meat, fried) which came prepared, just needing a final flip on the hot plate. Then we had tako yaki -octopus balls which are cooked on a specially designed hot plate. The kids had a ball trying to turn them,but the chef came to our rescue and they were delicious too.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for writing Comment in our page.
But, It's about another restaurant near here.

Anyway,I'm glad to have good time in Furano.
Please come my restaurant next time.