“Beach was disappointment” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 34 Siargao Island B&B and Inns
Helsinki, Finland
“Beach was disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you want to go to beach, there is no beach. At high tide sea is up to stonewalls, and during tide there is only dirty bottom of sea to sea. In some brocure they are speaking of natural swimming pools. Yes, there are at tide time small pools at sea bottom. :O)
Cottages and staff ok

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We spent a week at Patricks on the beach in june and had a great time. The location is good with a nice beach right outside the rooms and close to general luna.
We spent the week in the tree cottage which was a small but very nice and cozy room with a amazing view from the balcony.
The restaurant on the resort is OK. They have a huge menu, where some of the dishes are good and some just OK. Service is quite slow, but we had the same experience on most places throughout Phillipines so you get used to it. For a bit of a variation there are some other resorts not so far away that also have good restaurants.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The owner Andreas and his staff even helped arrange a proposal on a small island just outside the resort. They did a fantastic job with it and we couldnt have asked for a better arrangement. It was a perfect evening and a great memory to look back on.

The resort is in a very quiet and relaxing place, but the resort offers a lot of rentals and tours to help you pass the time. We tried the Yohoho tour which was an amazing experience to beautiful lagoons and amazing beaches. It costs a bit but it is well worth it. You also get to try the homemade mango rum they sell there which is really good.

All in all we highly recommend Patricks on the beach for your stay at Siargao.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Pohang, Gyeongsangbuk-do, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

As a bodyboarder coming to Siargao was always going to be filled with excitement. What I didn't expect is having such an awesome place to stay, right on the beach with everything I needed right there. The rooms are comfortable and the food selection is out of this world. If you have already booked your accommodation just come and eat at their kitchen every day. Their staff are friendly and make the best food in the Philippines! :) Their menu can keep you busy for weeks just trying all of the different selections.

Aside from all that the owner, Andreas, has an exciting life story to share with you and can provide you with good local insight on what the island is all about. My favourite part was having pretty much all water sport types catered for, which meant I didn't have to bring any equipment along. I'm used to nobody stocking bodyboards, but they even had one in the shed, it needed a leash, but on cloud 9 are you really going to be bummed about that? I wasn't! Too awesome

Wonderful people work here, a great family atmosphere and whatever you need done if they can't provide it directly a plan is made. By far the best part of my vacation! :) Thank you Patrick on the Beach!

Room Tip: If you can get into the tree house, this room sells out fast. Otherwise their rooms are sufficient f...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Beijing
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I didn't sleep at Patrick, I was at Romantic Beach Villa nearby that I would highly recommend. We just got involved in an island trip with Patrick's. I went there to change money and I met the owner, Andreas.
It was at the end of our holiday and I told to Andreas that we didn't have the chance to see the Island, since we have a 6 months old girl and a 3 years boy, too complicated. He offered us a trip in a beautiful part of the island where he has a property, I asked him if it was an appropriate trip for a baby and he told me that it was fine, even his baby (18 months) used to go there.
He told us that this trip was already organized for a guest who was going to pay 3000 Pesos, and that we could join them and share expenses with this guy.
I was happy to see the other part of the island and I was ready to enjoy the morning out, Andreas told us that we will go from 9 am to 2 pm, it was fine for me I could still enjoy my afternoon in the Romantic.
The next morning we left Patrick's at 10ish with the other "guest", Andreas told us that the road was not in great condition but we didn't expect so in bad condition: it was rocky and in a severe bad condition, the Van was bumping all the time and it was a rusty- old Van with a broken window fixed with plastic paper. The A/C was not working so we left the Van's door open to have some fresh air, my husband was keeping the door open with his hands during the all trip otherwise kids were too hot. Dusty and heat were coming in and I was keeping the baby strong in my arms for all time to avoid that she will fall down. Finally we arrived at his property, nice long beach but nothing so amazing to justify the bad road. Speaking with the other "guest", the one who the tour was organized for, I discovered that he was a long-time friend of Andreas and that they were going to his property to check it and to evaluate the possibility to build an house together there. It was not a touristic trip for a guest, it was just a trip for two friends to check the location for their house together.
I was so mad with Andreas, he found a chicken to cover his own trip's expenses and to make even profit! It would be fine if my baby girl won't be there but come on how can you bring a baby with the road in such condition?? On the way back we passed through a nice lagoon beach but he didn't show to us, he just told us that it was nothing special in the afternoon with no low tide. So we spent 5 hours jumping in this rusty old van with dusty all over just to stay one hour in a beach, nice yes but not worthy at all.
I paid my bill because off course it was also my fault, but Andreas didn't explain properly the trip, it came out that it was long time since he was there, so why you involved a family in such a nightmare trip? I spent the same amount of money to go with Roman, the owner of Romantic, to visit three islands on a super speed boat and enjoying a nice fish barbecue in the beach at night, all inclusive!
Be aware of this guy, he's looking for money all the way around.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

We loved this place ! Super friendly management and staff. Incredible tree house right on the water overlooking the islands. We didn't look at other rooms as we took the tree house as soon as we saw it :) The food is great too. Try the chicken and banana curry with rice. S

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I spent 5 nights at Patrick's on the Beach in hut 16 and I adored the relaxed feeling that this resort had to offer. All the accommodations and the tables are organised in the shade of an half jungle like environment and you can easily read or work on your laptop (free Wi-Fi available) in the garden while looking at the sea and the opposite islands.
My hut was spacious, rustic and clean.
Andreas and Ryan made me feel very at ease and the rest of the staff was also courteous and friendly. I rented their Kayaks more than ones as well as their motorbikes.
The food is enjoyable, but a bit hit and miss at times.
Recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

An amazing welcome, the celebration of my wife's 30th Birthday was a truly great way to arrive in Siargao, and all the work put in by the Patricks staff made it a very special experience. The tree house provided great views out accross the sea, was comfortable and well maintained. The food was an excellent mixture of Asian/global cuisine with a unique German twist from the owner. The boat trips to other islands were increadible. The surf trips...epic, and great local knowledge from the guys. On the whole unbeatable service, I'll definately be going back to Patrick's for more.

Room Tip: Tree house is the best
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Patrick's on the Beach? Share your experiences!