“Great hospitality and lovely grounds :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort

You added Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort to your Saves list
Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   40-109, Namseo-daero 1179beon-gil,, Namhae-gun, Gyeongsangnam-do 668-862, South Korea   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Namhae-gun
4.0 of 5 stars 41 Reviews
Arcadia, California
“Great hospitality and lovely grounds :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

My husband and I were on a tour around Korean Peninsula with Hana Tour group.
We stopped by Namhae for the night and stayed at the Hilton resort.
It was a lovely experience. The dinner served at the restaurant was wonderful (I'm Korean so I know when I have good Korean food) and our room was spacious and comfortable. I believe this was the largest of all other hotels that we've stayed throughout the tour, and definitely my favorite. We had trouble with the tv and Hilton sent out their friendly staff within minutes to help us. There weren't too many attractions nearby, but that really didn't bother us at all.I would recommend Namhae hilton for someone who's looking for a relaxing short getaway.

Room Tip: I believe we had discount considering the tour group we traveled with. Hotel rates are typically hig...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
DO-COL, General Manager at Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
Dear Junnie,
thanks for your lovely note. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your Korea Peninsula trip wit Hana Tour group.
Your comment acknowledging the friendliness of Hilton Namhae Team Members are very appreciated. Thanks also for your good comments on our Korean menu.
We have put a map outlining some nearby attractions at the lobby entrance, so on your next visit you will have plenty of places to explore! Best regards! Stefano

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Busan, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We visited the Hilton Namhae in December 2011 on a weekday. Family of 4 with two teenage daughters.

Hotel was fairly easy to find as there were many signs along the way directing you to the hotel. If you've been in Korea and traveled anywhere (especially the countryside) in the country by car you'll appreciate the significance of this.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2bathroom Suite Room. The room was very well appointed with comfortable furniture, small kitchen and most importantly separate bathrooms located inside each of the two rooms. Great balcony, but unfortunately no furniture out on the balcony to sit and take in the spectacular view. Amenities in the bathrooms are limited to soap/shampoo. They do have items for purchase in the room if you forget or prefer not to bring with you.

The property is very beautiful in a wonderfully scenic area. You'll definitely need a car to go or do anything away from the hotel. During the winter season it seems the hotel is more geared towards golf. We'll definitely be going back in the summer season as it seems there is many additional things to do.

We were a little disappointed that only one of the restaurants in the main hotel building was open on the weekday that we stayed. We were told that the rest were open on the weekends. There was a good selection on the menu in the main restaurant Breeze. Good selection of Korean and Western choices. The portions were fairly large, so you won't leave hungry!! Breakfast was in the same restaurant and had a quite a nice selection of western and Korean choices. Staff was very attentive and friendly.

One of the Gems of the hotel was the Spa. The hot baths/showers upstairs were perfect to take a soak and relax. There is an outdoor hot bath as well overlooking the bay. Downstairs from the shower/bath room is the actual Spa with saunas. Very large main sauna room. Didn't get a chance to try the massage, but will try next time. Couple of rooms in the Spa area for kids. Big playroom with slide/ball house and another room with a PS3.

Overall we really enjoyed the hotel and all it had to offer. We'll be going back!!!

Almost forgot to mention there are some little bunnies running around and the hotel has built a little area just for them. Very Cute!!! My daughters really got a kick out of seeing them. Appreciate the Hotel Staff caring enough to take care of the furry little friends.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Larry,
thanks for your detailed commentary of Hilton Namhae. I am happy that you enjoed your stay and the team and I are indeed looking forward to welcoming you back in summer again.
The little bunnies send their regards too! Stefano
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

First let me say a huge thank you to both the Operation Director, and Managing Director @ Hilton Namhae for doing everything in their power to ensure we had a wonderful visit. However... I think the staff here need intensive training on customer relations at this class of hotel. From the waiter who didn't appear to know how to open the bottle of wine we ordered, or pour it into the glass! The laundry not appearing back until the night before we left to fly back up to Seoul. To room service who took our dirty plates and pizza box for the food we ordered from room service and simply left them lying outside our room for over a day. The room was wondeful but let down by details, like hairs in the beds, holes in the towels, and no instructions on how to use the incomprehensible air conditioning. Again for this type and brand of hotel, the inability of most staff to communicate with us in English was a huge surprise. Yes I know I should make more of an effort with the local language, however travelling the world this is simply not possible and one reason for choosing to stay at this type of hotel. Very surprised and dissapointed overall.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
SoonBeomK, Manager at Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear Mr Kerr,
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay at the Hilton Namhae.

Naturally, I’m concerned there were aspects of your visit that were unacceptable and I’m very sorry you left with a poor impression.

The areas you have highlighted have been immediately reviewed with the teams concerned for corrective action - please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you very much for your time. The team and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Hilton Namhae so we can change your impression.
Best regards,

B.K
Operations Manager
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I visited Namhae in November 2011, and the obvious choice for accomodation was the Hilton. I had originally booked a Standard room, but was pleasantly surprised when we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite. The suite was nothing short of luxurious, with 2 bedrooms with attached bathrooms, a huge living room, a cosy kitchen and a large balcony.

We didn't eat much at the hotel (only breakfast) as we were out the whole day, however the breakfast was excellent with a selection of both Asian & Continental dishes. My only grouse was that there wasn't a good selection of cheese.

The service was excellent, however my partner is a Korean so I'm not sure if that helped. The hotel is a bit far from the city centre & sights, so make sure you have a car to get around.

The hotel seems to be primarily targeted at golfers, however that shouldn't put you off. There's plenty more to do at Namhae. I'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Try to get a seaview.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

Namhae is lovely and nothing complements an outstanding location with an outstanding hotel.

We booked a "standard twin room" and were really pleasantly surprised with it turned out to be a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms, living area and kitchenette. There's two balconies facing the sea and golf course. There's nothing not to like about our room.

Everyone on the staff were well-trained. The staff at the reception spoke great English. And when we had problems with our card key, the chambermaid at our tower immediately used her card to open the door for us. A magic call later a staff appeared at our door to assist us with the issue.

We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Both were great!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights at the hotel, as i drove from Seoul to Namhae for about 400 Km. i have been greeted well but i faced one issue:

I arrived about 11 pm to check in to my studio but being Gold HHonors memeber they upgraded me to 2 bed room apartment. unfortunately i didn't find any one to help me with my luggage, as i parked my car in front of the suite tower and take my luggage up by myeself.

my general comments on the hotel services and facilities as follows:

PARKING: there are parking between the suite towers however they get full on weekends.

FRONT DESK: friendly staff with usual Korean hospitality, however they didn't support me as i expected. i have asked to take tour around the resort by golf car but they told me such tour will not be free of charge. usually hilton resorts providing such tours to guide the guests to the facilities around but this is not the case with Hilton Namhae Resort

ROOMS: quite average size with spacious bathroom, the room is well furnished and well decorated as well. the room and toiletter was overlooking the gold course with nice balcony connected to the living room however there are no seats in the balcony.

ROOM SERVICE: limited choices and didn;t taste good, we orderd Hilton Burger, Club sandwich and Pizza but it wasn't that good. however the service was OK.

THE LOBBY: No lobby at this resort.

UNACCESABLE BEACH: although the resort is on the sea side but there is no beach at this hotel

BREAKFAST: very very limited choices for non Koreans. frankly speaking i took only omlettes and bakery at the two breakfast meals.

In general the resort is OK but i couldn't feel the Hilton touch and soul yet. however i enjoyed being there

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

Great service considering the remote location. Superb golfing. Well trained staff also considering the remote location.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
danielalcaraz, Manager at Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2011
Thank you for recognizing our teams ‘effort!

The training of our team members is always on top of our priorities, and we are all passionate for delivering the best experience to our guests.

Our golf course management team will for sure be inspired by your feedback.

I personally look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Daniel

Been to Hilton Namhae Golf Spa Resort? Share your experiences!