“When I become a father, I will bring my kids to this place. I am sure they will like it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beauties of Nature

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kirinda
Beauties of Nature
You added Beauties of Nature to your Saves list
Suduweli, Kirinda 0061, Sri Lanka   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sandnes, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is a fantastic place; we liked every bit of our stay. We, I and my wife and our two sons, 4 and 7 years old, spent 8 days at this lovely place in the beginning of July. As this is a bit off season (before the European holidays in August) we had the privilege of being the sole guests. Shantha is a five star host, a very likable person with many skills. He impressed us with everything from cooking to safari driving. He had many good suggestions of activities and excursions; he took us to many beautiful places both inside and outside the Yala national park, sharing his knowledge about the wildlife as well as many other topics. He was always there for us when we needed him, and at the same time discreet, just as the perfect host should be. And what a beautiful place he and Karen have created. Or, to quote our 7 year old son when we left, “When I become a father, I will bring my kids to this place. I am sure they will like it”. All family members have already started to dream about a next trip to Suduweli. The kids loved it. Great food, very clean, nicely built, comfortable bungalows, nice garden with fantastic birdlife, excellent excursions, great value for the money.

Highly recommended for everyone that appreciates peacefulness, and close contact with nature as well as with the local people of the area.

Room Tip: The large bungalow is perfect for a family.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Liberec, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights. It is a perfect place to visit national parks. Shanta was friendly and helpful, he can also prepare very good meal. We went to Yala and Bundala safari with Shanta, and it was a good choice. Although we did not expect to see many animals, finaly we saw many of them, including elephants and even 2 leopards (one a distance just about 5m). It was amazing experience.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Juneau, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here during a two week trip to Sri Lanka, and it was our least favorite guesthouse. The rooms are clean, and there was tea in the morning before the safari - those are the good points. Unfortunately, I found the whole atmosphere to be a bit strange and unwelcoming. For dinner there is really no choice of food. We arranged a safari through the owners, and I had the impression that our driver was not into showing us much during the safari. Also, be advised that there is no air conditioning and very little shade except in the dining area.

Room Tip: The bungalows are farther away from the main house.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at Suduweli in February 2012 and had an amazing time! It was the perfect place to stay while enjoying a few days of safari at Yala National Park. Shantha was beyond hospitable, the price was a good value, the whole experience was relaxed and easy. Shantha arranged our safaris for us and we had a great driver for the full day safari! We highly recommend Suduweli!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Totnes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My son and I had a lovely stay here. Karin and Shantha were really welcoming and helpful. We had lovely food and a great safari.This is a really good place for relaxing out of town and enjoying the countryside.

Room Tip: We had a room in the main house as there were only two of us and it was really great.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

Our bungalow was beautiful, Clean, Restful, Quiet.
Shantha was a fabulous host. We borrowed bicycles , Road through Rice paddies, drank water buffalo milk, went on a fabulous safari at Yala
Shantha organize a wonderful guide who spoke excellent English. I chose Suduweli because I am from rural California and what they promised , they provided.
Shantha made us yummy Vegetarian food and we luxuriated in the peace and beauty of our bungalow, the dining room , and the beauty of the surrounding country-side.
We also saw a leopard and elephants on our safari through Yala park. I would recommend it for anyone who is traveling in the sometime intense worlds of Sri Lanka travelling.

Room Tip: Either of the bungalows
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kladno
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We spend here 1night and we were here very nice time. Room was clean, food which Shanta cooked was very good. Shanta arranged for us safari to Jala NP. We were satisfied and thanks to Shanta for everything!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beauties of Nature? Share your experiences!