“Staff let you down....” 2 of 5 stars

01892 890222
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Vineyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Staff let you down....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was our second visit and the first was excellent. We went for Sunday lunch and the food is very good. If you want to eat your food without drinks then fine, you shouldn't have to ask three times to chase your drink. We ordered our starters and after 10mins the waitress told us we couldn't have the terrine as it wasn't ready?? So we only had he one starter. The roast was fine and no complaints. I ordered a coffee twice as it never came the first time, asked for the bill twice and on the 3rd time I got up and asked. (This was after waiting 15 minutes). We were then charged for the starter we never received.

The disappointment was that it wasn't as busy as the last time yet the staff are not very attentive and just shrug as if to say 'oh well, what's your problem'.

What a shame, as we won't be coming back and I wouldn't recommend this place. Yet I raved about it last year.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Guests,

Firstly, I would like to extend my sincere apology that the experience was not up to our usual standards. Somehow communication seams to have failed amongst the team on that day and I am very sorry this resulted on you and your family having to wait on several occasion.

In a bid to restore your faith in us, I would like to invite you back to the Vineyard . Please could you contact either Mihaela at the Pub or myself on 07889885366.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Hungry Barmaid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stopped in for a quick drink last weekend and sat at the bar as it was fairly busy. My partner was just about to ask for some cashews from the jars in front of us on the bar when one of the barmaids put her hand inside the jar and pulled a handful out which she then ate in front of everyone. After wiping some rubbish from the bar with the same hand she then put her hand inside the jar of peanuts and repeated the disgusting process..
The morale of this tale? Don't ask for any nuts from the jars - especially in this pub!!

Visited January 2014
Aline K, Event at The Vineyard, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear customer,

Firstly I would like to sincerely apologise as I was very disappointed to read your comments. Please be assured the matter has been dealt with and strong actions have been taken so as not to see a reoccurrence of those events in the future.

Should you wish to return to us , please do not hesitate to contact me on 07889 885 366, so I can look after your booking personally.

Kind regards,

London
“Comical”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Sunday lunch at the vineyard and the food is very good pub grub all served up in a very nice country pub . We ate here before x mas and had a very good Sunday lunch only slightly let down embarrassingly by being undercharged for our dinner by 50 % But with substandard service we paid and left . Today again food was spot on but service was comical as in asking twice for drinks etc and ordering food only to be told they had run out then re ordering and waiting another twenty mins for food is a bit poor . All the food is good but if you are going to employ sub standard e eu staff to run you're Kentish restaurant there will be compromises . Chef good front of house when you have an issue tend to shrug shoulders and not understand what you are saying . Go for the food not the service

Visited January 2014
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Regular customer,

Thank you for your previous comments and constant support. I am so sorry we failed to provide our usual standard of service during your last visit. Your feedback is very important and has been discussed with the team. Please do not hesitate to contact me on 07889 885 366 next time you wish to pop in to the pub as I would like to look after your reservation personally.

With best wishes,

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Great pub restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is our fourth visit and always a treat. We have two children and they love it, menu is good and they have some great ales. Lovely in summer time as you can sit outside, but equally pleasant in the winter with the log fire.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear customers,

Thank you for your constant support and its great to see you back for more! Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Best wishes,

pembury
“Sunday Lunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Lets start with the positive, i love the new pub and the atmosphere.

We went for the Cheese Board sharing board which was lovely and well made and presented

The Sunday Roast we had the pork and the Beef the portions were a bit of the light side, I had two slices of beef and my partner had two slices of pork with potates and veg and yorkshire pudding

Some of my beef was grisly but would have been nice to have a larger portion for the cost of the sunday lunch a bit more than 2 slices.

The crumble was yummy so highly recommend it.

A couple of points if they were changed it would be great and also another suggestion small pot of gravy with the dinner as the menu does say lashings of gravy but that was not the case

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Aline K, Events at The Vineyard, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback following Sunday lunch with us. Your comments have been noted and will help us as we always strive to improve our standards.

Kind regards,