“Ripoff” 1 of 5 stars

Wadhurst, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Ripoff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is a terrible exploitation of a unique facility set in an unequalled location. At every turn one is faced with offers to take your money for what often turn out to be sub-standard facilities or over-priced refreshments (e.g. £5.40 for two single ice cream cones and a Magnum). The outdoor play facilities are a disgrace (unkempt) and, in some cases, I wouldn't be surprised if they were on the verge of being unsafe. I most certainly would not allow my children to play without very close supervision. Maintenance of children's play equipment was inadequate.

“great walk for dog”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

we paid £12 to walk the dog round the lake only to find out could park up the road for free it took us six and a half hours to walk round the lake all was shut when we got back to car park could do with more drink stops on root

Worthing, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
“Best for dry weather”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had a free pass which made this a great family day out.
The sun was shining which made our picnic taste all the better!
Not sure it would be such fun on a wet day.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Try to keep the cost down if you can”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We visited in the summer holidays. My daughter who was under 5 got in for free and I had paid £12 for me and 2 sons over 5. It was really nice to walk around the lake and visit the park. If you visit, make the most of the free activities. On the day we went was the puppet show, tug of war, arts and crafts corner and then bean bags / hula hoops. The staff were fun and friendly. There was one boat trip on that day at 2pm - priced £15 for a family ticket, which I didn't take up due to cost. I paid for the 3 children to go on the dragon roller coaster - £2.00 per child (5 mins) and an inflatable assault course - £2.50 per child (10 minutes). So, £25.50 overall. There was inflatable balls on water £3.50 per child for 5 minutes and a bouncy castle £2.00 for 5/10 minutes. We did find woodland play area near the entrance, but the sign said 'private property' so we avoided it. The map needs to be much clearer - outlining what is where and the cost of things, rather than just up on a board by the visitor centre. It can be a lovely cheaper day out if you explain to children going that they are only to go to the park, walk around the lake, enjoy the free activities and take a bike. Mine loved the inflatables etc, but really question is the price worth it for 5/10 mins.

Orpington, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Money money money....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We went for the 'family fun day out' on a Tuesday in the summer holidays. It was just me and three children. My first hurdle was paying on entrance £4 per person - although if my 7 year old had been my 44 year old partner it would have been £1 less. I argued the point and won. I bumped into an acquaintance who had a Groupon entrance deal - £16. I'm not quite sure of the benefit of that. The fun activities were inflatables, bungee trampolines, zorbes on water and... Well, more inflatables. Most we're priced well until you realised it was only for five minutes of fun. There was no option for one price for all activities - I checked.
We were blessed with the weather and took a picnic (I gave in on ice creams and additional water) but I still managed to spend nearly £50.
There was only one boat trip during the day, which given the queues, we avoided.
My advice, if you go, is to swallow the entrance fee costs, take bikes and disappear to the other side of the lake for the day.