Having previously stayed at this resort when it first opened, I was anxious to return. The check in process was a disaster since the computers were down and several groups were checking in. We were among the lucky ones to get a room assignment in 45 minutes, possibly because of our platinum status, some were waiting three hours. The rooms were immaculate and well appointed with luxury bedding and every amenity, however the rooms are not sound proof and noisy neighbors could affect your experience.
The grounds are well cared for and the facility overall is absolutely beautiful. We received excellent service from staff members for the duration of our stay. Now to the negatives. There is a 12.5% shared gratuity on everything that is purchased and in the spa an additional 10% hotel tax. It is also suggested that an additional individual gratuity be added if the service warranted it. With the already inflated prices , this means that the $27 per person breakfast buffet is approaching dinner prices. I recommend staying away from the name restaurants and eating off property or at the Cafe Calypso. The cafe has an all day menu with drink service for a very reasonable price. Another alternative is the pizza shack, which has an excellent selection of delicious pizzas and wraps but only open until 6 PM.
In the middle of the week another group checked in. This brought another dimension to getting a table or a seat at the bar.
Paradise? Yes. But a very costly adventure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Amex, Tingo, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay