Due to special diet requirements we requested a room with a full kitchen and specific cooking utensils. Peter, Asst Mgr of Operations (?), was absolutely wonderful about having our requests filled. They delivered a beautiful, new large stock pot w/lid, a large cooking spoon, a large chopping knife, salt & pepper, and a can opener. We were then able to shop for and prepare the only hot meals we could consume on island during our two week stay.
Surprisingly, we were given the same room we had three months earlier. The air conditioning was more dependable & did not require constant re-setting. The shower door seal has failed and results in water leakage on the floor. And the mattress was quite broken down in places.
Setting up an internet connection was a trial as usual. At-Your-Service sent a maintenance man to assist with an IT problem. Why? Then they transferred my technical call off island (without my knowledge or consent) and billed our room each time the IT provider called to rectify the issue. They did eventually remove those charges when we checked out. The password never works as it ought to. The internet provider has to manually "allow" the ip addresses of our devices. There must be an easier way to accomplish this task.
The weather was comfortable and surprisingly pleasant for June. Hot coffee is nice and strong at the Calypso take-out counter. The delicious pineapple is available intermittently, so we stock up and keep it in the fridge. The pools were dutifully vacuumed each morning, but the tiles were not scrubbed to remove the accumulation of "sludge". Be wary of the prices of frozen entrees in the Pronto store. A small "Amy's" entree was $12US!! Didn't realize it until it was too late.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay