My wife scoured the internet for weeks planning our tenth wedding anniversary. We wound up here from 7/16 to 7/22. We opted for the all inclusive from Boston thru Miami to St Kitts for a cost of around $4000.00. Upon arrival we informed them of our anniversary with hopes of a free upgrade. The hotel was under 65 % occupied and we had to pay $ 37.00 per night for an upgrade to an ocean view.
The hotel is a well laid out big property. The main building is updated but the outlying buildings need some TLC. We were in building #13 and 0n day three we had an unsuspected visitor of the insect kind(Cockroach). My wife freaked out so I went to the front desk to ask to be moved. I was polite and told them I understood that those type of bugs are common but I didn't want them in my room. They nicely changed our room and expressed their apologies and said they would take care of it right away and graciously upgraded us to a suite in the main building on the fifth floor. The room was very nice but the A/C was not working properly and could not get the room below 81 degrees. I went to the front desk again and again was graciously given another room on the fifth floor. The second day in that room we had no hot water at all.
Back to the front desk again and they issued me an $80.00 credit and said maintenance would fix the problem. It took them two days to figure it out. I am not a chronic complainer and realize that things happen. They ended up giving me a credit for the upgrade fee and many apologies. I felt they should have done more for me but that's what happened.
Now for some positives: The food at all 4 restaurants was excellent. The service was very good also. My wife has a gluten sensitivity and they tried their best. The staff and Kititians are very friendly and respectful. The pools are nice and the drinks were not watered down. The beach was clean and groomed daily. I hope the staff reads my review and learns from it. I am not sour on Marriott I think they just need to pay a little more attention to make this hotel a true nice experience for people who spend their hard earned money for a vacation. Good luck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marriott St. Kitts Resort & Royal Beach Casino captivates you from the moment you see it, immersing you in the culture and atmosphere of this most relaxing and romantic of Caribbean Islands. Our breathtaking St. Kitts resort hotel offers an unparalleled island vacation experience. Luxury guest rooms, trimmed with West Indian accents and cutting-edge comforts, are spacious and welcoming. That same Caribbean flavor sets the tone in our 8 restaurants and 2 lounges. For entertainment and relaxation, the resort also offers the 35,000 sq ft Royal Beach Casino, the 15,000 sq ft Emerald Mist Spa and boasts an 18-hole championship golf course at the Royal St. Kitts Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort And The Royal Beach Casino
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Hotel Frigate Bay
- Marriott Frigate Bay
- Marriott St Kitts
- Frigate Bay Marriott
- St. Kitts Marriott Resort & The Royal Beach Casino Frigate Bay